Tightwad Tuesday - June 26/12
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Tightwad Tuesday - June 26/12

Up early here (for this household). Washed a load of towels rescued from the construction/concrete dust. Already dropped DH at work with his day's food & coffee, he'll prob come home early b/c he went in early.

We're having house guests this weekend and need to get reno's to a point where we can stop and have people over....plus the clean up is going to be HUGE We didn't tarp off the work area from the living area so everything is covered in the dust and I can only clean so much at a time b/c of a pinched nerve in my shoulder. I need to clean as much as I can over the next few days (vs my usual marathon session the night before/day of guest arrival) while DH continues works on the reno.

Dinner - not sure what we're having just yet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

~ Working from home today
    ~ Laundry will be line-dried
    ~ Visiting my sister later & combining some errands along the way
    ~ Purging unneeded items from the pantry

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am working this morning.

The only planned purchase is a new blade for my rotary cutter.

Cooking dinner at home. I broke beans this morning over breakfast and they are soaking in water now...when i get home they are going on the stove. i will also grill chicken thighs and fry green tomatoes for the hubby.

Happy Tuesday all.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got up early to watch the wildlife in my yard: cardinal, mourning doves, sparrows, bunny, mockingbird, sparrows. I have done 2 loads of laundry, made pancakes for myself and enough for DH's breakfast tomorrow. Took a couple of frozen leftovers out of the freezer for dinner since it is too hot to cook. This is going to be a no-spend day. My arthritis is really bothering me today so I'm not doing too much. I will probably run in my pool later this evening.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got a long walk in. Went into the city to get some errands done. Spent $5 on roasted pork and sweet plantains for dinner. Later on today will re-organize the walk-in closet that has most of my stockpile. Then dust this place.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy Tuesday all!!! 2 1/2 loads of laundry, a load of dishes, making all effort to keep it as cool as possible today. It was 104 here in the okc metro area & my a/c couldn't seem to keep up as it went from 75 to 77 in this house. I think something is wrong & others are saying no it's normal... but it's been even hotter outside & last year my a/c unit kept up just fine. The a/c unit is only 3 yrs old (we put in a new unit ~ went from floor to ceiling vents~ a couple of months after we moved in 3 yrs ago), so I'm wondering if it's just needs freeon (or whatever).

So anyways, I only have 1 light on, it's dark in this house w/all shades down & keeping out the hot sun. All ceiling fans are on. As soon as the dryer stops, no more loads til bedtime when the towels that are in the washer will be shoved in ~ unless I decide to line dry inside house... doubtful, as I usually only do that w/clothes, but ya never know...

Will be working on phone calls this afternoon ~ less movement, less sweat LOL Not really sure about what's for dinner tonight... but will find out since I will be working on a meal plan for the next 2 weeks...
    Waiting is teaching me to lean on Jesus that much harder!!!
    Married 8 years to the man of my dreams!
    Adopting a baby... due July 27, 2014!!
    ME DH Austin Baby Eli

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Five hours of preschool summer program today. Had an English muffin at home. Decorated clips for the paper holders I am giving to the three ladies in the school office- less than $2 each. Am going to the movies this afternoon - Tuesdays are $5 movies and it is a real treat for me since DH does not really like to go. Dinner - steak and green beans.

Hope to finish up the box I am sending to a friend- cleaning out all my samples, etc of toiletries and books to share- want to get that in the mail tomorrow. This evening I will continue cleaning up and organizing the LR.
    No spend days: J 9/16
    Monthly exercise: J 165/930
    Monthly savings: J-202, F-186,M-170,A-154, M-137, J-118, J-102, A-86, S-70, O-54, N-38, D-28

“Decluttering isn't just simplifying your life. It's having a vision, setting new priorities and using those notions to get rid of obstacles.”
    — Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good afternoon to all! Spent the morning at a WIC appointment(thank goodness, cause baby girl is lactose intolerant and this saves us money) and then hit up the gym with hubby. Stopped and picked up the WIC stuff and then came home and put him to bed, cause he is sick. Doing some laundry right now and minor clean up. Kids are playing outside and we all did leftovers for lunch. Tonight it's breakfast for dinner: pancakes, hash browns, and scrambled eggs.
    I gotta spend some time working on our business plan today and then I'll be doing a second workout with my daughter this evening.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The only money spent here today was to pay the Power Bill. I haven't felt well so I kind of took it easy. I washed dishes, took out old thing from the frig to the composter, made homemade pizza and that is about it. I did have a tech from the phone company here most of the day so I really couldn't rest like I should have.
    Jeanna

Wife to Ken for 27 years
    DS 25
    DD 20

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I'll try again tomorrow. --Mary Anne Radmacher