Frugal Village Forums banner

Tightwad Tuesday, March 11th, 2014

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Debbie-cat 
#1 ·
Gawd, I'm still pinching myself that it's 2014.........does anybody else think it seems like 2000 was yesterday?

Cloudy and slightly warmer here today, going all the way up to 31*. :morning:

Working on my morning routine chores----laundry, put dishes away, beds, swish and swipe the bathroom, so it's presentable.

Thawing some meat, gonna make some chili in the CP today. Cornbread to go with.

Have a nice fire made in the woodstove. I don't suspect it's going to get cold enough to have to keep it going today. Just take the chill off the cabin. BOY, have we flown through the firewood this winter!

Reactions: Debbie-cat
#2 ·
I'm working the overnight shift tonight again at work, so I slept in today.
I did get 3 loads of laundry done, cleaned the kitchen, the living room, started on my bedroom and got distracted.

I faxed in my proctor form to school for my exams - so that's done! More than enough time for the school to do their part before I'm ready to take the exams -

I'll start dinner soon -

I don't want to go to work tonight.... *whine*

Reactions: Debbie-cat
#3 ·
Woke to a really dizzy spell so called into work. I NEVER call in sick and today I needed to. Still dizzy but better. After taking all morning just to shower and get dressed without falling over, I tucked myself under a quilt on the couch, grabbed my laptop, my knitting and my cup of tea and alternated between the two while petting my kitty. :) It has been snowing all day which is very depressing and has become quite a bit chiller than it was yesterday.

Will have to suck it up in the morning though and head out to work. Can't be gone two days in a row! :yikes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.