My Electric Bill!!!!!!! (Again)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default My Electric Bill!!!!!!! (Again)

For December it was 285.00.. I told DH that I was appalled and it had to get down- at least 100.00.. I have been turning heat down, lights off and my bill was still 235.00 a wopping 50.00 in savings... Now I really, really have to start buckling down... This is rediculous.... Thank goodness for the tax returns, because now for a two month bill it it 520.00 I need to pay as soon as the return comes in... The only good thing is that it will soon be spring and the heat can stay OFF... (We turn the breakers off at the box, out in the garage). I am off to try to conserve more energy... LOL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Our electric bill isn't bad but we use natural gas to heat with so that was almost $280 here.....made me sick as well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Our electric bill was way down but our gas bill was up. The only good think is our natural gas company is lowering our rates.

Can't wait till spring so we can turn the heat off.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I received my electric, sewer, water, and trash bill (all in one) and it was only $90.27. Last year at this time it was $129. Been keeping heat down alot more, doing laundry ony twice a week, being more careful with water usage, keeping all lights off, unplugging appliances that are not in use, turning heat down to 63 when not at home and when sleeping. When at home have it at 65, but if there is a chill in the house I turn it up to warm the house. When run water to get it warm I take a large jug and keep it under the faucet until the water is warm. Use the extra water from the jug to water my plants. Hopes this help you momof 42003. Believe me I sympathize with you. Last year my bills were kind of high to and I just said no more. Good luck!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our utilities have gotten extremely high, as well. Gas and electric. The rates have doubled (it seems) in recent years. It makes me wish we could generate our own electricity.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Make sure you vaccume your refrigerator coils once a month. For a year my electric bill went up every month. Turns out I hadn't vaccumed my coils in two years, this saved me $60 a month!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just paid a $235.00 light bill, but that is for 2 months, don't understand why, but we are billed bi-monthly here. This is the best bill I have gotten in a very long time.

I made 3 of those light boxes that I was selling so we dont turn on many lights in the house at night except for those, I am thinking that may be the reason. This particular bill is down about 100.00. A year ago however, my electric bill was 400.00.

Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob Dixie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bonnie, I can relate to the high electric bill. It's so frustrating!

Rebecca, that is awesome! Keep up the good work.

Josephine, I am off to vacuum my refrigerator coils. Thanks for the tip!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My electric bill has been up too. December's was $245. I just paid January's which was $214. I hope February's goes down too, but I have a feeling it will be back up. UGH!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I havn't vacuumed my coils in a year. Going to later today. Maybe my bill will go down more. Thanks.

KimBob
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A $50 savings is something to be proud of though! You're making progress and headed in the right direction!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My electric bill was 247 for two months but I paid on the one month bill and I just can't figure how we gotten behind on one month bill.

Our monthly bill is usually around 126 per month. Now they are saying I missed a month. I don't know how when I pay them monthly by online banking. The electric company said that online banking takes up to ten days to send out our bills so that is how I gotten behind a month on my bill plus a late charge fee.

I am going to have to invest in stamps and mail out my bills to make sure they get to where they have to go on time. I can't afford any more late fees. Our gas bill seems to have double also, plus heating fuel. I pay over 2.00 per gallon. I can only afford 100 gallons at a time. This winter has been a killer for our finances no matter how much we try to save. Food cost have sky rocketed also. Living in this cold weather in Maine is to much for our finances and my health. Hopefully we can move to Florida soon. Sorry for rambling. I had to get this off my chest.
    Thank you everyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm new to this site so hi everyone. I struggle with the electric bill too. I try to keep it down. We live in a apartment and our bill this month 87.00 dollars. Down from last months 103.00 dollars but still way too high. I live in northern florida we don't use the heat everyday, only when it gets cold on some nights. So I can't see why our bills so high. Normal one being around 65.00 without heat our airconditioning running.Everything in this apartment is electric. I think it must be this old heating unit is the problem. Oh well better luck next month.

KimBob
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi annajo7 - glad you've joined us!

Do you have FPL as your provider? They just did a 4% rate increase (I believe it was universal for all their customers in FL) so that could be some of why your bill is high.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got my electric bill too - DH turned off a lot of computers a couple of days, and I've been trying to turn off lights and not take long hot showers at night (helps me relax and go to sleep - but runs a lot of hot water!)

Total KWH used in Dec & Jan - 950
    Total KWH for Feb - 771

Woo-hoo! I think it only took about $15 off the bill, but my goal is to see it around 700 KWH. Right now the charge per KWH varies from month to month (I think - I let DH set up the electric this time around) so I aim for a lower number of hours.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast