Frugal Village Forums banner

E-mailed my Power Company...hehehe

734 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  homesteadmamma 
#1 ·
I emailed my power co. and asked them if they used "Demand" charges and if they had a program specifically for "off peak" times...this was their response....
-----
Dear Lorrie Huff,

Thank you for your inquiry. Please note that Load Management is an option for some Ohio Edison customers to save money on their electric bills.

The Load Management rate is designed for customers who normally use more than 1,000 kilowatt-hours of electricity each month. It is based on measurements of both total consumption of electricity and the greatest amount of electricity used during any 30-minute period.

It is the customer's responsibility to manage their load with this
rate.

We have mailed you a brochure describing the rate to help assist you.
-----
I can't wait to get the brochure! My family is in for a rude awakening. How many times have I seen one child on the puter and another on the tv, vcr or video games? Only to walk into another room and see the dh on his tv and yes...I'm on the pc at the same time.

If I can cut the bill by scheduling activities one after another rather than 4 or 5 at the same time...yeeeee-haw!

Waiting a 1/2 hr won't kill them!

See less See more
#2 ·
How interesting! :) LOL, I am sure it will be interesting at your house with a schedule or something! :eek: :D Good luck! I hope it goes over well with your family.:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.