Frugal Village Forums banner

Leaving for our 80 mile hike on Sat.

869 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  staciah 
#1 ·
Dh and I are leaving for our 80 mile hike this coming Sat. We will be hiking the NY and NJ AT trail. We are going with a Boy Scout group of about 13. Yes I am the only girl. We were supposed have 4 girls but over the past 6 mos 3 have dropped out. I am excited. I love to get out there and rough it. We will be gone for 9 days so there goes my JuJu's.

I hope that Noah my little one is ok. He will be at grandma's. He has spent alot of time there in the past but 9 days will be the most. I hope he doesn't miss me too much. He can get whinny at times. Tyler, his big bro, will be there for a few days before he goes to spend some time at his father's, so hopefully that will help.

I am also worried about my garden. My tomato plants are hip high, my carrots are knee high and so is my corn. I still have 5 heads of lettuce out there too. My peppers and broccoli are doing very well also. I purchased a soaker hose and a timer so I am hoping that will be adequate. I haven't asked anyone to come and check on it. I feel funny doing that. I am not the type of person to ask for help.

Other then that I think I've got everything in order.If anyone has anymore ideas please let me know. Thanks.

Stacia

See less See more
#2 ·
:eek: 80 miles??? Will the boys be able to handle that?

As for your house and garden, have you used the soakerhose/timer before? I have this fear of my water bursting a pipe or something like that going wrong whenever we are out of town. I always turn our water off... I know, I'm weird and paranoid.

Have fun!!

#3 ·
My boys will be at grandma's so they wont be with us. The boys in the scout group, oh yes they can handle it, they have all been to Philmont.

Our water can't be turned off. The water company would have to turn it off at the street so we never turn it off.

#6 ·
80 miles?!?!?!?!?!??!

Can I just say how much that does NOT sound like fun!?!?!

BUT, I'm glad you are looking forward to it, and yes, your garden may be an overgrown mess when you get home, but it'll survive! I just got home from my weeks vacation and I have weeds as big as my sqaushes......

Have fun!!!

Reactions: staciah
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.