Any campers?

Thread: Any campers?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Question Any campers?

Does anyone go camping regularly? Do you tent camp, cabin camp, or rv camp? Where have you been? Do you only go to free campgrounds?

Sara

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Arrow

I used to love to camp, and we did it quite a bit when I was younger. I'd love to go now, but Dave is a "modern conveniences" kind of man. He doesn't like "roughing it". I have almost convinced him to rent a trailer though...maybe next year...LOL

Chelle

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Did you camp at campgrounds? (with electric hookup, showers, toilets?)

Sara

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We camp all the time!!!!!!! We have camped all over California from San Diego to Mount Shasta and from the beach to the desert!! This year we bought a 19 ft. ultra light travel trailer that is fully loaded (it has a full size bathroom, kitchen with full size fridge and freezer, AC/heat.....) We are planning a 12 day trip for next month and I can't wait to go. We always stay at KOA's, they are clean and cheap!!!! We have also tent camped for years before we got the trailer and when we could we would also stay in Kamping Kabins at KOA!!

In the sweet rolling hills of Old Virginia
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We camped all the time when I was little....realing roughing it..I never knew any other way...we either stayed at the family cabin where my grandfather was born (no electric,two rooms and an outhouse,woodstove),or we would go to the campground at the lake...usually paying about 7-8 dollars a night and stay in a tent. My DH on the other hand, NEVER camped as a child, and was completely against the idea of "roughing"it...preferring to pay for a hotel room whenever we went anywhere..LOL
    BUT now we've really gotten into the music scene...and we've been going to the summertime bluegrass/folk music festivals...and camping there...Id LIKE to be able to afford a really nice Camper one day...but for now, we are tenting it. We have the van with a seat that turns into a bed, so that helps. The real secret is, if you cant afford a nice camper, you set up next to friends that DO have one !

FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob Jerseygirl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Used to do alot of camping in college-usually upstate NY, Oneonta, Cooperstown area. I am truly not that ambitious anymore, but I did love it then.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My in laws gave us their travel trailer (24') last year when they bought a new motorhome. Like chelle, my DH HATES CAMPING, and our truck will not pull the camper very far. We took it to the shore last year and camped next to DH parents and SIL, kids, etc. DH took the camper down there, helped me set up, kissed me goodbye and went home! He came back for me when it was time to leave. I loved camping and bonding with DD's, but I missed DH. This year we are going again, but I'm going to go for a week this time instead of 4 days. My DD's love it. They ride bikes, go swimming, the campground has bingo, we have campfires, etc. etc. while my in-laws sit in the air conditioned motor home watching tv. You can do that at home, what's the sense? I leave the tv home. We played games, and had a blast. I can't wait to go again. I camped as a child and always loved it.

I have to add that the reason DH hates camping is because he is 6' 5". The bed is too short and the shower is not high enough. He is not comfortable in the camper because of his size. Plus he doesn't like his hands dirty
    Danielle

Mom to 3 girls

Ashlee 23
    Raechel 20
    Courtney 10

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We just bought our third trailer. We gave our smaller trailer to our DD & DSIL. We had our first trailer back when our kids were young and we traded it away for the second trailer. We have camped every year since our grown children were small. We now camp with the granddaughters. Most of the time we camp in state campgrounds. Sometimes we do stay at KOA's with full hook ups. Our new trailer has a TV & VCR but, we won't use it much. We like to take hikes and go to the sites the area has to offer. The girls also take their bikes and scooters. We do lots of crafts and also cook up some new dishes. I like to see our girls getting out in the fresh air and getting some excersise! We will be leaving for a camping trip to Bodega Bay (here in California) on the 10th.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bodega Bay is beautiful!!!!!!!!!! That is one place we haven't camped yet but it is on the list!!!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I don't like to tent camp. Dh decided to teach me to "do it" when I was 3 months preg. with dd#1. He took me to the hottest place on earth (it was 100+ everyday, humidity about 90%) and we stayed for a WEEK!!! Everytime after that he decided to really make me love it, it would rain cats and dogs. We'd have to wash everything we took and even got caught in tornadoes once or twice. We have been talking about buying a used travel trailer though and I know I would like that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

we just came home from vacation in maine and drove the 2500 mile one way so we did camp. Here in Montana most of the campgrounds are FREE so it just about killed me to spend money on them. We took a tent but made sure they had showers seeing i have to have my 2 per day. I found the cleanest was KOA and not that expensive, but the children really enjoyed Jellystone. I am planning on going to another one this labor day weekend. They have so much for the children to do there it was rather pricy i thought. but for what you get at Jellystone to keep children active is well worth the price. (expecally since they were in the van for 14 to 16 hours per day.) they do allow dogs but not cats and made a special allowance for the cat we had to bring home. so i think jellystone has my vote and thanks sara i was just coming in to post i am wondering what other people thought of Jellystone parks has anyone else been to any

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We bought a new 28 ft travel trailer in March and a new truck to pull it. We go camping at full hooks ups almost every weekend. We have plans on trading in a year or 2 to a 5th wheel and a diesel truck to pull it. Then when hubby retires we are getting a Dielsel push RV cant wait!!!!!!!