Family Vacations
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Family Vacations

My entire family gets together every summer and takes a weeks vacation together. There's my Mother and my two brothers and their families and my family. There is 14 of us all together. We usually go to Florida. We've been to Navarre Beach, Destin and St. George Island. When we were younger we went to Panama City and Daytona.

I want to go somewhere different. I really like seclusion. Not so much a touristy spot. Of course the teenagers want to be in the middle of the tourist sections. My question to you all is where have you been on vacation with your family that was the most fun, most memorable, you'd love to do it again family vacation?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We definetly do the more touristy destinations. We spend anywhere from 7-14 days in Disney World every December. We also do the beach thing for a couple of extended weekends throughout the year. October, November and February are our favorite beach months. We've done Chattanooga in the summer.
    For us Disney is our favorite place. We have done this trip with just the four of us, with his exteded family, and with my extended family. As soon as we get home from one trip, I am already planning the next one.
    The beach trips are relaxing, but not where I go if I want laughing out loud fun. If we just want to get away from it all we head down to the condo for a few days - and rarely even set foot on the sand. Just sit back, relax, and eat really good food.
    DD (20)
    DS (17)
    DH (over the hill - the big 4-0)

Registered User Laurie in Bradenton's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Try Wakulla Springs State Park and Lodge. Loads of fun. About 16 miles away from Tallahassee. There are also river cruises a small museum and a wonderful lodge! In Tallahassee there are some terfficc flea markets.

Laurie in Bradenton

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well I like to go to Flordia as well. I have only been twice in my life. But I just love it there for some reason. The reason that I go is because of the beaches. Even though that I live in a tourist town I love to get away and go somewhere where there is a beach. I think that my most favroiate place is Destin. When I went my aunt, cousin and I rented a house close to the beach. It was about 20 minutes outside of Destin. Which I loved becuase for the simple fact that we weren't in the middle of it but yet so close to everything that we wanted to do. For something different why don't you try Branson. Branson has music show a lake and some other atteractions as well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I couldn't say but I would love it if I could get my entire family together for a vacation. There are 30 of us now and one on the way. We can barely get everyone together for the holidays.

Last year we took my 11 year old niece to PA and didn't want to come home. Very pretty and very relaxing.

The year before DH and I went away together for a week to Washington D.C. and loved it. It was just the two of us and it could be due to our vacation the year before.

The year before that I rented a beach house at Hampton Beach in N.H. and the girls loved it. They had all their friends drive up for a couple of days, we were right on the beach and close to the board walk. DH and I were not so thrilled but we did it for the girls. Cost us an arm and a leg no less. We could have took a cruise for what we spent that week.

I guess the point is not everyone will like where you go. I would pick a spot close to something to do for the younger people and far enough away for everyone else. As far as your girls I would pick a place where they can drive to separately and have a little freedom to do what they want.

This year we are going back to P.A. in June, we liked it so much. In fact my oldest DD is turning down a trip to Hawaii with her soon to be in laws to be with us. So I guess it's not where you go but who you are with, and it sounds like you will have a great time no matter where you go.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have also gone to Florida beaches...I love the beaches, just wish I lived closer to one. I have been to Branson a few times, that is one busy town, crowded I would say.
    But myself like to be secluded at times.
    We may be planning a vacation to Florida this year. We may even try to plan a cruise..has anyone ever been on one? Give me tips PLEASE, I have never been.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We enjoyed the Bahamas and Cancun the most.
    We just got back from the Poconos and it was nice but would have been better had there been natural snow lol.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, my DMother decided we would definitely try out a new location. She reserved a house, today, in the Outer Banks. I am excited. I've never been there. If any one has been or lives in the area...any tips?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We REALLY love driving the Blue Ridge Pkwy. here in NC, ended the trip in Asheville, and spending some time there. Very, very beautiful, and relaxing. Even my "think-they're-to-cool" sons like it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well I am planning a family vacation for June of next year. We are going to go to Destin. So far there are a total of 4 famlies going. That is including dh and I. But there could be more that is going. Dh and I went on a cruise for our honeymoon. It was some thing different. I would suggest that to try to plan so excursions at what ever port that you are at. That is the only thing that I regret not doing. Also if going to the mainland of mexico I would suggest that you get a cab to go places. Dh and I rented a car on the mainland of Mexico. He drove because the car was a standered and I have drove a standered in years. We ended going about 50 miles before his nerves were hay wire. Just picture driving in a major city where it seems like that other drivers are passing you like you are sitting still. But instead of a 4 or more lane interstate it is only 2. I am used to driving through St. Louis when I go back home to visit. But I think that I would have been like dh driving in Mexcio. A nervous wreck. Also if you do decide to rent a car make sure that you watch the gas attendant. They are may charge you for yours and the person before you gas. This is what the cruise ship will warn you about before you leave the ship. In all my dh and I had fun.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I was going to suggest the Outer Banks in N.C. We used to take a yearly family vacation there while I was still in H.S. We loved the beach and at least 10-12years ago, it wasn't that crowded. We stayed near the Cape Hatteras light house. Grandma loved to get a picture near it every year.