Wet cold Wednesday - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It's finally warm up here. It was -4C here today with a light skiff of snow.

I was on the road most of the day. We first went to one town to do some banking and to the library.

After lunch 2 friends and myself went to another town. I paid our heating bill, stopped at the hospital to see a friend and then the 3 of us went out for coffee and dessert.

Now it's play time on the computer.

Nothing got done today except the dishes and dh did those.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I was at home this morning, did a little pick and put up around the place, put away clean laundry, did my workout, started cooking some black eyed peas soup that I had soaked overnight (the dried black eyed peas). This afternoon I had to run into town to do some errands and went thrifting (woo hoo!) for the first time in for EV er. I found just some little things like some odds and ends yarn and thread for my sister to crochet with, a neat coffee cup, another white corelle plate for my collection, a new coffee measuring scoop, some glitter for home made cards, a new to me top, 2 books and a beaded evening bag. All for $5.57 . Anyway then I had to go to Wally World for a new drill for Gripey plus some grocery items (I hate buying groceries there but I was there and didn't wanna make another stop....). It was nice and warm here comparatively speaking as the rest of the week has been in the low teens. It was 50 something here today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It is 8 degrees right now. We should warm up to 33 though this afternoon. I didn't finish the first floor rugs yesterday so I will do that along with a ton of housework since today is my "Saturday". After I take DS to work I will start on my long to-do list. DD hasn't been feeling well (15 weeks pregnant and sinus issues all at the same time). I need to take her to do something outside the house since she is having a rough time right now. I don't want to spend money so I will be looking a community activities that are going on. Dinner will be easy - spaghetti.

Registered User Laurie in Bradenton's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Taking a me day today. Sent DH off to finish a small job this morning. Taking DD to school at 9am then heading down to Sarasota Amish/Mennonite community. They are having the annual Palmview Quilt show. I love to go to this show and sale. The ladies are so very talented. There are dozens of finished qulits hanging from the ceiling in their rec. hall. Then around the room are piles of more qulits and other handmade items for sale. Piles of wallhangings, baby quilts, aprons, hot pads, table runners, etc. In the back of the building are tables with cookbooks from different districts are the country. Homemade baked goods and vanilla from their Mexico colony. I enjoy this time to wander quietly ( no children or husband) throught the rows of quilts looking at the handy work of others. Then in a seperate room the ladies have a quilt frame set up with their latest work in it and you can ask questions, give your hand a try or just enjoy.
    After about 2 hours I'll come back to the real world and get started on supper and picking up the house.

Laurie in Bradenton

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's cold here! -21F without the wind chill

I have errands to run this morning. Then it's all about laundry. There's a ton to do after cleaning the bedrooms yesterday.
    Last edited by YankeeMom; 02-04-2009 at 09:32 AM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Almost 60 today so that will be nice and up in the 70s by Friday.

I am sick of cold and want spring!
    The math never lies, budget in INK!

EF $4900

Camper (Start March 2013) $4645.26/ $1580.27

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It is sunny and cold here. I have worked out to my tape- feels good to blow any stray cobs out of those pipes- and I did pet chores, linens and a quick skim of the house. I am getting ready to go to church. I volunteered to help with the clothes closet. Tonight I have a BPW meeting, so that will finish off the day. Hope Wednesday is a fine one for all.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2 degrees, sunny with a wind chill of -10 degrees! Lovely day!
    I am washing sheets and towels today, re-making beds, cleaning out refrigerator, and working on menu & grocery list, balancing checkbook, de- cluttering for 15 min., and doing an hour of so of cleaning at my parents house, (a barter for my girls piano lessons.)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We are out for a snow day, got three inches..which isn't alot but we just weren't expecting it. The snow is sitting on top of ice.....so no buses could run. Now it was snowing last night...really pretty at the walmart, but it wasn't doing anything at my house...just a few miles away so I didn't think we would have anything worth anything. I got up this morning at 5 am, was dressed and waiting when I got the call that we didn't have school. They called back at 7:30 to tell us not to come in for an optional day. So I got dressed for nothing.....uugghh!

I did go back to sleep, and just now feel like starting my day. I plan on deep cleaning the bathroom, a load of laundry or two. I need to come up with something for supper.....I have several options. (When I menu plan, I also plan a few extra choices for the month in case I change my mind....which I usually do) I think I will work on the crocheting a little today too. Have a good day everyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It's 16 here today. Some clouds, but sunny. My plans for the day are below. These days however, my recovering body says "No!" and things don't happen like I planned sometimes.

1. Start a load of laundry (I try and do this daily).
    2. Make lunch.
    3. Hopefully, we'll go to the dump this afternoon.
    4. Get dinner started in the crock.
    5. After DH finishes work for the day we're off to a meeting.

Doesn't sound like much, does it? We'll see...

Judi

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Today is a people day for me. I was to the dentist this morning, have company coming this afternoon, and am out this evening for a bit...I think. Other than that, I'm going to grab a bite to eat right now. I might find time to hem my bathroom curtains tonight.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12