Waste Not Wednesday 07/08/09 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

You people just slay me...I didn't get anything done all day...I did bake a loaf of banana bread this evening and a fresh cherry cobbler (only ruined 2 shirts pitting the darn things...and I remember now I have two aprons I made sitting in the drawer...that'll teach me!!). And I am going to do my dry cleaning (I used dryel here at home), but that is about it...TOMORROW IS A NEW DAY, OH HAPPINESS OVERFLOWING

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile Garden fun on frugal Friday

Things I've done today (outlined in bold) even if I listed them a few days ago:

Gardening: plant some of the rest of the 6-packs, tie the grapevine, nail up the strings for the runner beans, transplant the runner beans and bush beans, plant more lettuce & basil seed, transplant basil to larger pots, transplant the morning glories, cucs. Dig up the border for transplanting the zuccini; tansplant the zuccini.
    Plant flowers in hanging planters.Hoe garden again with rod-weeder hoe; put tomato cages over tomato plants.

Lawn: mow the back lawn & front lawn as soon as the rest of the Siberian Elm tree seeds have sprouted.

Patio: sweep the rest of the patio where the seeds are lying in drifts behind planters, chairs, tools etc.

Bushes: prune the Nanking Cherry trees after they finish fruiting; pick the Black Currants when ready

Harvest: harvest rhubarb, chives (scissor-snip, then freeze in bags)

Whenever there is a huge amount of work to get done, I find that it is best to just focus on one thing at a time, and see how much I can realistically get done--doing the most important things first.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12