Waste Not Wednesday 11/10/10
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Waste Not Wednesday 11/10/10

Wednesday's date looks like binary notation - we're all going back to basics I guess!!

Need to copy some pictures today.
    At soccer I am giving out the trophies and pictures - the players are always so proud of their trophies!!

Need to go to the back after school - cannot put that off any longer.

Before I even go to school I'll be stopping at the O and dropping off three boxes before they grow mold!!

After soccer I am heading on home and doing some Christmas work of one sort or another!!

Have a great Wednesday everyone!!
    No spend days: J 9/16
    Monthly exercise: J 165/930
    Monthly savings: J-202, F-186,M-170,A-154, M-137, J-118, J-102, A-86, S-70, O-54, N-38, D-28

“Decluttering isn't just simplifying your life. It's having a vision, setting new priorities and using those notions to get rid of obstacles.”
    — Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by mauimagic View Post
    Wednesday's date looks like binary notation - we're all going back to basics I guess!!
    It definitely does. Makes me glad I don't have to do binary math any more

I'm up way too early today- getting ready to take DS6 to the hospital for his tonsilloadenoidectomy. I think we're organized and almost ready to go.

I suppose today will be a lot of snuggling and recouperation, but I'm hoping to get a pot of soup made and get some cleaning done.

It won't be a no-spend day for me. Parking at the hosp will be $10 for the day and I'm sure there will be other costs.

Have a great day everyone!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, I am just an early bird, also, this morning. Up just before 7. Time change is a kicker.

It's unseasonably warm here. Only went down to 43 last night. Days have been low 60's. Must have rained during the night...wet out.

I am going to shampoo my living room carpet. And continue to go through my closets for clothing and things to donate. Am considering the women's shelter at the YWCA. I have to go downtown this week or next to the courthouse to get help with my dad's money in probate, so I'll be near there.

The rest of the day I am loafing. Maybe knitting.
    ______
    Cheryl

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance, but by our disposition." -------Martha Washington

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

another spend day in our household

I am getting ready for my doctor's appt. I hate going to the doctor but, I will gladly spend that money just so I can feel better and get back to my normal self.

after doctor's appt. have to stop by hubby's office and pick up the kids since they have an early release day from school and he has to go get them while I'm at the doctor. will come home and goof off with them....I mean, umm, we will clean the house from top to bottom. yeah, that's what I meant.

I have a conference with ds's teacher later so I will have to take the kids back to dh's office since they can't go with me. then back to the office to pick them up and come home and cook dinner.

lots of running around and driving today, but the kids don't have school tomorrow...so lots of time to play and relax tomorrow

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning,
    Well, once again, my day is stuck in limbo. DS was sick yesterday (sort of!), and then was simply splendid after I had to pick him up from school. Then last night at 1:30 he got up and threw up again. What's the deal!?! My gut feeling is strep throat. That's usually his only symptom of random and sporatic vomiting. Weird. But if I take him in to the doc too early, then it won't show up on the strep test. But i don't necessarily want to be sending him to school to spread germs to the other kids if it IS strep. And then there's the random vomiting!!! lol Issues, issues...

So, either I go to work this morning or I'm staying home and going to try and make a doc appt. for ds. My company is supposed to be coming today, and I was adament that my brother and sil not bring the baby as we have all sorts of flu and cold bugs circulating. Hate not to see them, but it's WAY better for the baby.

I'm going to try and not sweat the small stuff today. We are supposed to be closing at work today for the month (I work in revenue accounting), and of course my desk is filled. My kids seem to time it with this every month to stress me out! ha I'm thankful that I am with a company that puts family first, though.

Have a good day!
    -Vanessa

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I cannot believe it is Wednesday already. This week is flying by.

Today, I will head into the office. I will be all by myself there today and hope to get a good solid 8 hours of work in. Yesterday wasn't quite as productive as I had hoped it would be so I am hoping to make up for it today.

After work, I want to try and get a good work out in (before dinner).

Dinner will be stuffed shells, garlic bread and a salad.

Tonight I need to plan out what we are bringing for tailgating to the football game this weekend and I need to find a recipe for mini cupcakes to bring for Thanksgiving dinner.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Going out town today for a funeral,planning on leaving early and stop at a store on way up so it will probably be a spend day.So wan't be getting much done here today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've been up since 6:30. I had to run into work and talk to HR girl about getting something from them saying my insurance will be cancelled at the end of the month so DH can have me put on his. Then it was off to the bank to fax proof that my bank account info has changed since my last unemployment claim. Haven't done much but go through more recipes and paper clutter. I may get done before Thanksgiving. DH is sleeping so I'm doing things in stealth mode which doesn't give me many choices. Dinner will be spaghetti or something like it. I'm thinking about starting a jigsaw puzzle. Can you tell I'm getting bored already and it's only the third day of my lay-off.? Glad you guys/gals are here.

Cat