Waste Not Wednesday, 12/15/10
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Waste Not Wednesday, 12/15/10

How can it be 10 days away from Christmas? Ack!!! So much to do, so little money left! lol

Okay, deep breath. First things first, I am awake and ready to go this morning! Hooray! And it's much more chilly today. It's currently sitting at 21 degrees, and it's supposed to rain/snow today. Could be yucky.

It's work for me today. I need to get gas during my lunch hour and shop for a Christmas outfit for my oldest dd. She is in that awful stage where nothing fits her except for the more "mature" outfits made for a teenager. Ugh, should be interesting.

Tonight after school I am going caroling with the kids' church school group. Hopefully it's not raining on us! lol

Other than that, I get to stay home tonight! Hooray! I will use that time to regroup and figure out what the heck I bought!

Have an awesome day, everyone!
    -Vanessa

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today's hopeful agenda - see if I can manage to haul two recliner chairs outside solo w/o getting myself killed. and hopefully find another bag or two worth of stuff for donation as the Sally Ann truck is coming today after 5.30pm.

Oh - and take dad grocery shopping

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am staying inside an avoiding the freezing weather today!

I had to go out this morning to bring Diva to school, but after that, I ran back in to the house and put on my warm jammies.

Picked the turkey clean and got a crock-pot soup ready for tomorrow, a turkey pie for tonight and enough left over for sandwiches.

Lazy, lazy day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So far I've done laundry, folded clothes, ironed, made the bed and picked up the house. I still need to bake cookies for my nephew, pay bills and write out Christmas cards.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Went to the store for some baking ingredients.

Baking Christmas cookies

Going to frost them tonight

Roasting some beef for shredded beef sandwich filler for Christmas
    ______
    Cheryl

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance, but by our disposition." -------Martha Washington

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes I know only 10 days how'd that happen! I have baking to do but first I need to get to the store so today I'm making my list and checkin it twice so I won't forget anything! Been washing clothes today. Going Christmas caroling with our church. Hope we don't freeze!
    Loving Wife to Ken 29 yrs & 3 sons
    My furbaby: /Sparky paw:Jack Russel,Beagle,Dashaund mix
    Change jar ?

Seek ye first the kingdom of God & he will give you your hearts desires. (Matt 6:33)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Busy day here, went to foot docs at 10:30 but before that our dog decided he wanted to see the town on his own & took off. Well we had to leave so we did. I have a small fracture of a part of the bone next to part of the implant and that needs to heal so it's splinted to the next toe and I have to go back AGAIN to see him & if I still have pain and if the little piece of bone isn't absorbed by the body then he'll have to remove it. I hope the toe decides to get it's act together & no further intervention is needed. Still wants me using the darn shoe boot and take it easy for another week & half. Argh! No shoes for you! lol

We got home & still no dog, 15 min later he shows up, head down walking like a slinky slug... all dirty, smelly, icy clinging to his fur and worn out. I cleaned him up and he's been laying in the same spot since a bit after noon. I hate when he takes off like that, he could really get hurt. I'm guessing he went after the scent of a deer, smells like he probably rolled in their stuff too. UGH.

Other than that it's been a lovely day,lol. All my online orders came in and all presents are wrapped. Woot!

Everybody here is in for the night all safe and pooch will be on a short leash for a while. So it all worked out even tho it was crazy for a bit.

Hope you all have a non crazy & non smelly night,lol.

Oh,
    Mouse count:0
    Strudel wins:0

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Darlene - remember...things happen for a reason....we may not know what it is but there is one. Even if its for the powers that be's amusement Glad the pooch came home!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

crazy day here! just nuts! got dd off to school on the bus. had some oatmeal. threw in a load of laundry. straightened up brkfst kitchen mess. had some computer issues - got those resolved via phone w/ my computer dude. wrapped dd's wii for xmas! she is going to be sooo excited! made some trip reservations. went to the ups store to send back some slippers dh ordered and didnt fit from ugg. went to the bank. went to tj maxx to return khaki pants dh bought (no receipt..of course!) that didnt fir properly. bought myself some ski pants. and got some decorative containers for dd's messy messy room to help w/ organizing it! (or in hopes of organizing or hiding some of the junk!!!)went to a specialty boutique to get dd's teacher a $25 gift card and a some gifts for my mom. went to target for a gift card for the busdriver and my cleaning lady. got some things i needed. tide free was on sale! picked one up. went to the liquor store. came home. put stuff away. helped dd clean room up! had new fireplace door installed. ordered a wine gift basket for relatives OOT. placed a wolfermans order for another family member online who is OOT also. now, finally sitting down w/ a nice glass of red!! tomorrow and friday will be just as crazy for me!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for the smile Libby. It's all good, or well is what it is so you make it work, lol.