Waste not Wednesday, May 11th, 2011
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Waste not Wednesday, May 11th, 2011

Nobody's done a waste not wednesday since 3/30 ?? Wow. I guess hump days must be really busy.

Today is sunny and nice in my neck 'o' the woods. Going to plant more flowers in pots and a few cuttings of Tickseed (coreopsis) out front, that I got from my sister. Been also moving around some over grown plants...replanting cuttings to other areas. I have 'shovel hand'.....raw, sore areas on my right palm. But this is GOOD exercise! (aka, boy am I sore)

Need to also make up my son's bed with summer sheets (not flannel, IOW), cause he will visit at the end of the month....Yiiiiiiippeeeee! Other son thinks he can make it home, too for a few days. And I need to clean their rooms.....they are dusty cause no one goes in there.
    ______
    Cheryl

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance, but by our disposition." -------Martha Washington

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think today is going to be along day a tree fell in my yard from storm last night. Going to save the wood for firewood.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Smile

I'm trying to clean out my classroom. I will be having to share a room with the art teacher, as well as music teacher next year.
    I've got several Rubbermaid type tubs, three bookcases, numerous notebooks as well as files, shelf units - aargh!
    It shouldn't be this hard, but there's soooo much stuff!

As an afterschool program coordinator, I'm horrified at the thought of chucking perfectly good craft items, but I won't have much space to store anything!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Going through closets trying to declutter but putting more back then i am throwing away think i will give up and take a nap.Done load dish towels,napkins,pot holders & dish rags.
    Goals and challenges for 2014
    3 things to do a day
    Grocery and household budget $150. a month
    23 no spend days each month

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Had a busy day. Sorted thru my winter clothes and took two bags to the church clothes closet.Helped with the windows on the second floor of the house from the inside. I have someone doing the outside because I am afraid of falling . Tomorrow we will do the third floor and they are bringing in some type of scaffolding, they will be here for a while so I made some oatmeal cookies and cut up a fruit bowl, made sure we have plenty to drink.I also organized the pantry and the freezer. I am going to head out with a friend in a bit to hit a few tennis balls around before it gets dark. Hope you had a good day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Worked, did laundry, finished putting up kale from the garden to freezer, couponed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had kale in a salad today! Yum! It was an overcast and cooler day here so I did some work in the flower beds.Took all three dogs to the groomers for baths, dips and nails. Washed all the pet linens, bought new dog collars. Took more clothes to the church clothes closet.Had my car serviced. Made supper, now getting ready to head to the gym. Hope you had a good day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like Kale.....dh....not so much.

It was cloudy and cool today. I cleaned out and organized the cabinet down below the sink in the downstairs bathroom. Also did (2) 27 fling boogies (FLYLady), in the boys' rooms (shh, don't tell them) and the basement.

Bathed the dog. I think I got wetter than she did.
    ______
    Cheryl

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance, but by our disposition." -------Martha Washington

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I spent most of the day working on getting the pantry restocked and hit so many grocery stores I am puttered out. Got a pedicure and then hit a couple of stores to do some shopping for professional clothing. I'm in a master's program and will be volunteering to get some experience working again and need to start working on getting more professional clothing.