Frugal Village Forums banner

My Sister's 3rd wedding.... What to give?

5K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  ilovechocolate 
#1 ·
My Sister is getting married for a 3rd time.... 1st she was really young, 2nd passed away...What do I give for a wedding gift? They are leaving for an Alaskan Cruise to get married tomorrow and I will see her later today. We aren't really close - raised by different parents- but I would like to give something. I am leaving to see her in just a few hours...=/

Should I give $50.00 cash? a Gift Card? should I wait until they are back? urgggggg I really don't like giving gifts my heart isn't in

#2 ·
3rd wedding, eh? 50 bucks.

#4 ·
When I saw the tagline-I'm thinking a copy of divorce for dummies but if she's been thru all that...
Would she value an album of photos from childhood she may not have (seeing you were raised seperate.
Depends on her values and your sttitude towards her.
$50. might be just right and before the wedding. Aren't you invited??

#5 ·
Yes We are but I am not flying to Washinton State from Florida to take a cruise ..... the trip would have cost me for dd and myself a whopping $5,000.... I would NEVER be able to afford a trip like this lol... unless I hit the lottery

Reactions: oheoh's momma
#6 ·
the wedding is on the cruise- i would send something when they return.

find out what " thier " song is

get the lyrics write it up in a pretty font - add their names and the date of the wedding print out on nice paper and put in a pretty frame .

Reactions: oheoh's momma
#8 ·
I would do the cash in a nice "congrats, wedding" card............since they are going on a cruise and will be able to use it then.

Since you are seeing her soon............it is done........something useful..........and since it sounds like you don't know her that well, the gift card might not
be with a store she 'favors'..........

Get it over with..............why have it hanging over your head while she is out cruising............done deal.

#11 ·
FF said it for me - especially the part about getting it done now.

#13 ·
I must not have been raised properly as I don't get why you need to get her anything- you aren't really close and this is her 3rd since your not attending the cruise wedding just a call when she gets back wishing her and hubby well.
my dn got married this past Sat- I didn't get an invitation so felt no need to give a gift for him and his new bride.
I did give him a refrigerator does that count? probably not

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.