Frugal Village Forums banner

Hows's this for an interesting and FRUGAL wedding??

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  AmyMCGS 
#1 ·
This Saturday my youngest BIL is getting married. Being that Halloween (the couples fav holiday) is just around the corner, they decided to forgo the regular pomp and circumstance of gown and tails. Instead, everyone (even the minister) is to come in costume. The bridesmaids, groomsmen, even my kiddos, ring bearer and flower girl, will be in costume. The cost of costumes is pennies in comparison to the cost of renting a tux and getting the wedding gown. Not to mention that it'll just plain be fun. I don't know what everyone will be, the guests are even encouraged to be in costume.The kids will be the cow and the pig from Barnyard.

It is kind of strange not being so stressed out about fittings and getting the brides preferred dress/suit. I can say the kids are really having fun with this.

:dancing:

It should be lots of fun

#2 ·
that sounds like so much fun! My friend years ago did this. She got married in a park, everyone in costumes and the only thing she really paid for was the hall/caterer. Everyone that came was in costume (yes even the guests) and it was soooo much fun! Have a blast!

#3 ·
It sounds like an awesome idea and yes, sooooo much fun! :)

#4 ·
Those will be some interesting wedding pictures!!!

#5 ·
Is everyone going trick or treating for the reception?!?!? Kidding. I think it's a great idea! Sounds like my kind of wedding!

#6 ·
What a fun way to start off on the adventure that sharing life together is.
Enjoy!

#7 ·
That should be a great time....post pics

#9 ·
That should be fun!

I had some friends who got married on Halloween, but they did a formal black and orange wedding, with hearts carved on pumpkins for their centerpieces.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.