Frugal Village Forums banner

What did you get free in December? .....

Tags
december free
11K views 96 replies 42 participants last post by  vickilynn 
#1 ·
Starting this up! :)

#5 ·
4 ribeye steaks ...... There dinner for tomorrow! :D

#7 ·
Not sure how to describe me anymore but thinking I am really pushing it to the limit.
Yesterday I had to mail a letter and it was after the maillady had already made the run on this road. So I go to the post office, about 3.5 miles one way. Make a loop back through the village streets and I slow down and then stop at this house where there is a moving van out front. A big pile of stuff at the curb. I roll down the window and ask the lady if the items on the curb are free. Yes she says, we are moving and don't have room to take it all.
So I get out and do a quick look. Some interesting stuff but nothing I can use. Then I spot this pair of black shoes. Thinking maybe my son can use them because he works at a farm and goes through shoes quick. Get home and check out the shoes better. Looks like somebody tried them on once and did not like them. I think the hubby might be able to wear them. If not, the son gets them. Worth my trip to town :)

#8 ·
What luck ladytoysdream! That definitely was worth the trip! :)

#9 ·
CVS had a bin with a sign attached saying FREE. So following the frugal village spirit I went over to the bin. The sign said take however many you want. It was basically to thank the customers. So I took a pill box, two bandaid holders and a clip for bags. Have to say I felt like a kid in a candy store reaching into the bin. lol

#10 ·
1 hormel microwave lunch
1 banquet microwave plate
1 whole chicken
1 bottle of water
6 cans soda
4 donuts
1 plate home made mac n cheese from a friend
3 diner plates for DH's lunch
2 small bags of chips
2 banannas
1 larg shoping bag full of cutlery..forks,spoons etc

#12 ·
Bottle of apple juice courtesy of mom
Sams Club membership--my aunt got a free one when she joined and since she's single, she gave it to us!

#15 ·
Ran to the grocery store. I got free:
2 liter of pepsi
garlic bread
ice cream gallon of milk
bag of frozen veggies
italian sauage
bag of party chicken wings
prepacked snacks
2 packets of seasoning mixes

#18 ·
Supper every night has been free for the whole family. DH and I are participating in the Christmas program at church and they are providing meals all week for the workers and their kids. I am so very grateful. (They believe me now when I tell people how much my kids eat.)

#19 ·
On Wednesday, December 2 I walked into the Winn Dixie and the new manager gave my a coupon for $10 off a $50 purchase coupon. When I was checking out the catalina spit out another $10 off a $50 purchase. So that is my nos. 1 & 2 freebies December.

#21 ·
2 sets of ouchless band hair holders (used to call them ponytail holders- did they worry it would be used literally?) and 2 things of dental floss, 1 4 phone cordless phone system for my birthday, a $50 Amazon card for same reason, 2 small pkts of coffee,a small bottle of expensive gin, many phone calls from family... and we're all long distance, a small memo pad (Santa w/ CVS emblem). Wow, quite a haul for being 4 days into the month!

#29 ·
:smhelp:

Teach me how!
When I list here I not only list the samples and gift type food, I also list the BOGO's from the grocery. They are free any way you look at it.

Reactions: jlaporte
#26 ·
2 5 lb bag of rice
1 6 pk kids yogurt
1 free 6 pk tapioca
6 cheddar cheese sticks
1 plate catfish nuggets
3 cans soda
sample pack tampons
a check from my mom for 150.00 to go xmas shopping!!!
a bunch of awsume cookies from my friend
1 pkg brownie bites\
1 whole turkey
2 cake cutters/servers
2 table clothes
2 boxes tissues
4 candy caines

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.