Frugal Village Forums banner

Whats for dinner Sat 7/19

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  gemmbp 
#1 ·
I'm craving Italian so we'll either have spaghetti & meatballs or sausage, ziti or pizza.
Going to make a great salad to go with it.
Romaine:D, blk. olives, little salami, marinated artichoke hearts,onion, tomato,cubed mozz., with balsamic vinegrette and some fresh basil & oregano too. :chef:

#3 ·
AmyMCGS said:
I'm planning to try this recipe http://chicken.allrecipes.com/AZ/LmGrlcChckn.asp
for Lime Garlic Chicken.

I'll serve it over angel hair pasta with applesauce and green beans, or maybe a salad.
Sounds good Amy! Let me know how you like it OK?
Isn't that a nice recipe site? I love the ratings and reviews.:)

#7 ·
Spaghetti must be in the air, that is what we are having here too. I am using left over hot dog buns to make garlic cheese toast with on to go with it.

#10 ·
Darlene said:
Sounds good Amy! Let me know how you like it OK?
Isn't that a nice recipe site? I love the ratings and reviews.:)
Darlene:

The Garlic Lime Chicken was good.... it's basically chunks of fried chicken with a kick of lime taste. It's not something I'd make often, as we don't eat many fried foods, but it was nice for something different.

I served it with angel hair pasta and Lori's Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits-- that recipe came from the Community Cookbook here at FV. Now that recipe, I loved-- I couldn't believe how easy they were-- thanks Lori!! I'm sure I'll be using that one frequently.

And yes, I love AllRecipes.com. I usually go there almost once a day-- I love trying new recipes. The reviews from others are fun to read- I always like to know what other people have tried, as I rarely follow a recipe as written anyway.
:chef:

You all are making me hungry for spaghetti....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.