Frugal Village Forums banner

whats for dinner 8-15

Tags
815 dinner
965 views 20 replies 20 participants last post by  warramra 
#1 ·
we will be having bar-b-q chicken legs, rice & a salad:cutie:

#5 ·
Dh will be making cheese ravioli & canned red sauce for him & the kids. I'll be at work, sampling whatever the cooks are practicing today. Yesterday was appetizers and steaks. Maybe tonight will be burgers :lip:

#10 ·
If the rain stops, grilled buffalo chicken, beans and veggies.
If it doesn't, baked buffalo chicken, rice and veggies.

#11 ·
Beef tips (crock pot) over noodles, mixed veggies, and something for dessert.

#15 ·
I got a huge bag of avocados on the last day of sale rack. So I made guacamole. I also made bean enchildas (for my vegetarian daughter) and chicken enchiladas for the rest of us. Totally yummy dinner!

#20 ·
3rd night of spaghetti leftovers. Loaf bread and water. I had a big FREE lunch brought by a pharmacutical rep for the second day in a row. Do love that! Making Greek Chicken in the crockpot for lunch tomorrow and dinner tomorrow night.

#21 ·
So I made chicken fried rice from scratch, using leftover rice from last night and an unused portion of broccoli from Sunday's menu for the first time ever tonight. My husband really likes chicken helper fried rice for some reason. He commented on how he couldn't even tell the difference between the two tonight, except he didn't have to add extra soy sauce (I got a little heavy handed here imo). Generally, I wouldn't take it as a compliment to be compared to convinence food, but in this case I will take it. I count tonight's dinner as a frugal success - homecooking 1, boxed food 0

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.