Frugal Village Forums banner

Whats for dinner 8/16?

1K views 19 replies 19 participants last post by  Missourimom 
#1 ·
Mini Eggplant Pizzettes, green beans, and sweet tea.

I an very excited for this dinner. Yummy!!

Katy

#5 ·
Probably chicken and rice. I wanted to cook something extra special for DH's birthday on yesterday but it came out horrible. I'm gonna try again today.

#6 ·
I think we'll be having homemade Sausage & Pepper (peppers from the garden) pizza.

#7 ·
I've got corned beef in the crockpot. I was going to make mashed potatoes to go with, but I think I will make it into homemade corned beef hash instead ;) The kids will have corn, dh & I will have asparagus. I think I'll make some yeast rolls to go with.

It's amazing how my funk disappears when dh is able to be here for dinner.

#11 ·
Think I'll fire up the grill as it's way too hot to cook and heat the house up.
Just had sandwiches for lunch. I think I'll fix a cold pasta salad.

#15 ·
I changed my mind again. The corned beef shrunk A LOT in the crockpot. It's not nearly enough for everyone as a stand-alone. So instead, I'm making homemade corned beef hash. We'll have eggs & grits with it :)

#17 ·
Leftovers... shrimp fettucini alfredo... YUMMY :)

#19 ·
BF ate leftover chili mac because I worked extra long and late today (fundraiser at work). I had the free food that was catered for the event (salad, grilled chicken, mini sandwiches...). Tomorrow is going to be the same.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.