Moms Who Work Outside the Home
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Moms Who Work Outside the Home

Hi all!

Sara created this new thread for those of us who are Moms who work outside the home. We have a thread for SAHM's and Moms who work from home, but those of us who work outside the home didn't have a place to go to celebrate, vent, or what have you.

So, let's see how many of us there are! I'd love to hear about your careers!

I'll go first.

I've been a middle school teacher for 15 years. Last year, after getting a masters in educational administration, I made the move to Instructional Leader for Math and Science. It's a limbo position between the classroom and administration. It's curriculum work, teacher coaching, and a whole mess of other things thrown in the mix. I enjoy the balance that working outside the home gives my family, and I enjoy my career a great deal.

Next?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'll go second. I am an RN, and provide in-home care to medically complex and ventilator dependent children.
    I also home school my two teens, and am in the final stages of getting into graduate school to get my Masters' in Nursing, so I can eventually teach in a school of nursing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have worked as a paraprofessional (also known as a teacher aide) for the last 9-1/2 years. I will be graduating with my bachelor's in August and am looking to make a career change. I only have one child left in school (10th grade this year), but 2 are in college. I guess once your a mom, you are always a mom!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi, I am a systems analyst (computer programmer). I am married and have a wonderful husband. I have two children. My son is 20 and in college. My daughter is going to be a senior in high school. She is 17. I have had to take a job out of state. So, that has been very hard on all of us. I go home every weekend though. So, if I cannot find anything close to home in the near future, we will all be moving closer to my job.

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I work as a customer service rep/accounts receivable for the water utility in my city. I've been there for a little over a year and I really enjoy it. I have a bachelor's degree in business finance that I obtained when I planned to make a career out of banking. I have been married to my hubby for (almost) 5 years. We have our 4 year old, Wesley, and our 7 month old, Maggie MooCow.
    McD
    -wife to Z
    -mommy to Dubya & Moo Cow

Blog: http://familystylemayhem.com/

My Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/nicd...view=thumbnail

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm a full time RN in critical care at a large teaching hospital. I've been trying to get my license for ASL interpreting as well.

I'm married, have 3 kids, 2 kid-in-loves, 2 grandkids. One kid still at home, going to college, steady SO. I never get to spend enough time with any of them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hi everyone! I'm a purchasing director for a financial services company in the city and am expecting my first child in late August. I work with nice people and have a great stable job with benefits, but it is just a job to me.

I have a 90 minute commute each way every day and hope to find something closer to home after the bean arrives.

DH owns his own business and it has been financially flat for a few years. We are discussing DH being a stay home parent for the next few years and I find myself a little jealous and at times a little resentful.

Interesting times ahead!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hi, I'm a hairstylist. I have been doing it for about 2 years now. I'm a single mom, so this job is very important to me....I love it though. I had to go back to school for it, and take state testing, but it was worth it, it's the job I enjoy going to every day. I have fun, have great coworkers and get to do something different every day, I get to be creative and express myself! Not sure if I'll do it forever, but I enjoy it now!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was a SAHM for many years and I couldn't wait to go to work! After our two older girls finished high school and our youngest entered 3rd grade, I took a short class and am now a CNA. I work in home health care and I absolutely love my job. The hours are perfect and I work for a wonderful agency. I'd love to go back to school, but I'm going to be 40 and I'm not sure I want to invest that much time into nursing at this stage of the game.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi! I'm a GIS analyst & program manager. I make smart maps! I've been in my career for 13 years & have 10 years here at my current workplace. I have a beautiful 11 year old daughter, who is anything BUT frugal - but she is learning. I also have a DH that I work with (no getting away from him!) and a stepdaugther who does not live with us, but is in the same county, so we see her alot. My DH is also not the most frugal person on the planet (or my stepdaughter) so I feel like I am swimming upstream - alot!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm 32 and have been working as a customer service rep in the envelope manufacturing industry for almost 10 years. In my industry, CSR's also cover account management, price negotiation, sales, and estimating. I'm fortunate in that my job is an 8-5 M-F position. I really like my job, but I am hoping to move over to the production side in either scheduling or production planning.

I have been married almost 7 years and have a 3-1/2 year old son. I stayed at home with him for 6 months and it drove me batty.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Nice to see so many of us are here and enjoying what we do!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I program computer controlled routers and turret presses. I have almost 15yrs experience and 4.5yrs at current job.

I have a 16yos, 9yod (9 today) and a 3yos. I have been married to DH for 9yrs and he works on farm equipment.

I have just started homeschooling 9yo and doing a little preschool with 3yo.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am a Family Resource Center Coordinator/Parenting Educator. Been at it for 7 years now. My son is 9.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I work doing Mecial Billing, I have been doing this for 8 years. Before this I worked processing claims at the Insurance Company for 8 years. Before that I sold Medical Equipment and before that I was a Unit Secretary in the Emergency Room. I love what I do. I would love to go back working in the ER but the schedule is jsut too hectic with a Special Needs child.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast