When to do housework?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default When to do housework?

I recently (a week ago) went back to work full time. My dd and dh have been trying to help. But, it seems like the house is a mess. Here is our schedule.

Me: up at 6am, out the door by 7:15am
    Home from work around 6pm, exhausted because I'm on my feet all day

DH: Leaves for work at 11am, gets home around 11:30pm.

Unless I leave a note, nothing is getting done. My dd is trying to do things during the day, like laundry and dishwasher, etc.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I follow Flylady for that stuff - not that I have routines down pat, but try and do a little bit at morning and a little bit at night. I always load the dishwasher before bed. I put a load of laundry in the washer when I get home, move it to the dryer after dinner, and fold it before bed so I do one load a day. I try and scrub a little bit of the shower when I'm in there. I'll clean the toilet while DS takes his bath. Small stuff like that.

Most of the bigger time things - vacuuming, mopping the floors, etc. I do on Saturday mornings. I like to get it out of the way so I can enjoy the weekend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

i get up at 4 in the morning. at work by 5 - 5:30. school starts at 7.

i do a load of laundry upon arising.

i also do the dishwasher and any kitchen cleanup upon arising.

i clean the house "fer real" on weekends. front half of the house on saturday morning and back half of the house on sunday morning. church starts at 9, so gotta boogie.

i used to do the messies anonymous thing of "a chore a day", but then my exercise classes took over that time slot.
    baby step 2- see blog for actual amounts

"stop being a victim, you are a perpetrator, taking things without paying for them is stealing, you are not a victim, you are a perpetrator. PAY THE PEOPLE YOU OWE, pray for the people you owe, and make it right. " hard nosed AA person, thumping his big book, addressed to me in AA meeting 7/30/2013

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

O do stuff all day long like most of us here it looks like. I like fly lady too but I dont follow it to a tee. Basic things that set you back time wise like dishes and laundry I do every day. Pop a load in before work and dry when you get home sort of thing. Takes a few seconds in the morning to start it so wont set you back too much time wise.

I would make sure daughter puts stuff away threw the day. May some baskets around the house so they can throw them in and put away when full. Makes the house look a Ton better that way. And maby break down a big chore a day for daughter like Monday vacuum. Tuesday dust Wednesday bathroom. and so on that way on the week end you are not trying to do it all your self and teraches kids responsibility too.

Jodi

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

A little bit here, a little bit there, and make sure that the kids pick up after themselves and do some chores, like emptying the dishwasher, making their beds, etc.

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I try to do a load of laundry first thing in the morning before I go to work. Then hubby (who is on second shift) can swap it out before he goes to work.

I usually do dishes as soon as I get home. Wesley picks up after himself as he goes and does a final sweep before bedtime. I pick up Moo's things when she goes to bed.

I try to do what I can, when I can. I don't stress if it doesn't get done. I have the weekend to do whatever else is needed.
    McD
    -wife to Z
    -mommy to Dubya & Moo Cow

Blog: http://familystylemayhem.com/

My Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/nicd...view=thumbnail

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i gave up on setting an exact schedule years ago - between the fibro and the kids schedules and work -i will just drive myself nuts .

i toss a load in washer before i go to work and put it in dryer when i get home most days and go from there .

yeah gotta leave my dh notes too for when i need stuff done .'

there are some websites where you can print out chore charts maybe that will help .
    *~Debbi~*
    Happily Married Mom to 5 ; PT Home Care RN
    Living with FMS

“Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more;
    Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours”
    Swedish Proverb

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Getting Gazelle like 7/1/10
    Paid off 6 CC's totalling $6807 in 2010
    Paid off car 9000
    Quit 2nd Job for health reasons so going slower .
    purchased used car in cash 5000
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I just figure I'm not going to work 9 hours a day, commute another 2, and then come home and clean house until I drop, only to get up and do it again. I just can't keep up with that, and so I've lowered my expectations. I once heard something funny that kind of sums it up for me.....it's okay to draw in the dust as long as you don't date it! Would I like things to be cleaner and more organized? Sure. But I also want to have a life that includes things other than work, work, and more work. Maybe I'm just getting lazy in my old age?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh, I totally understand. I don't follow flylady, but like her 15 minute idea. Just do something for 15 minutes. It's amazing how much can get done in that short amount of time. I can practically get my bathroom clean in 15 minutes. I just try to do that 2 or 3 times throughout the night, it really works for me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I do my major cleaning on Saturday or Sunday mornings. I do my laundry on the weekend also.I do my ironing on Sunday nights while I watch tv. During the week I clean up the kitchen every night and that about it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I do a little bit every day. I don't have a set schedule except for laundry, thats done first thing Saturday morning.

I clean as things need it. I pick up every day, the sink is clear when I go to bed and I usually end up sweeping every day or so.

I don't stress over cleaning anymore. If my house needs a deep cleaning, I invite people over. That will get my butt in gear for sure!
    Judy

never loose site of the big picture

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Luckybustert View Post
    I just figure I'm not going to work 9 hours a day, commute another 2, and then come home and clean house until I drop, only to get up and do it again. I just can't keep up with that, and so I've lowered my expectations. I once heard something funny that kind of sums it up for me.....it's okay to draw in the dust as long as you don't date it! Would I like things to be cleaner and more organized? Sure. But I also want to have a life that includes things other than work, work, and more work. Maybe I'm just getting lazy in my old age?
    My sentiments exactly whether when I was working or as now going in and helping hubby. There 9 hours plus drive. I'm not working 24/7. With shoulders/arms that won't hardly raise straight out or go behind me I'm in pain most all the time.
    I load dishwasher and washer/dryer to run after 9. Turn on and dry/put away next night. Any have to's gets done on Sundays as we're also open on Saturdays which makes for a 6 day work week. What gets done gets done. What dosen't dosent. Not going to stress over it unduly. At some point it all washes out in the rinse.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge/October
    $103.86

October/ Grocery
    /Goal $200.00 Total $63.25

Eat Out No More Dec
    Goal 20
    Accomp/12

No Spend Challenge
    Goal 10
    Accomp/7

Change Jar 2014
    $

Christmas Fund 2014
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by frugal is fun View Post
    I do a little bit every day. I don't have a set schedule except for laundry, thats done first thing Saturday morning.

I clean as things need it. I pick up every day, the sink is clear when I go to bed and I usually end up sweeping every day or so.

I don't stress over cleaning anymore. If my house needs a deep cleaning, I invite people over. That will get my butt in gear for sure!
    Wow same here, except laundry day is Sunday, ha! Any down-time boredom time I will clean a specific area that's bugging me but for the most part just keeping up with the daily tasks of cleaning up after myself helps tremendously.
    "If you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel, march down there and light it yourself."

Car loan (ugh, again!)
    Husband's debt to work on, mine is gone except car loan. w00t!

Yah, I suck at this money stuff, I know. That's why I'm here.