Frugal Village Forums banner

Anyone published a book?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  dcompton 
#1 ·
I know that several of you have had articles published, but have any of you published a book (other than a thesis)? Since the last time I was on, I have finally figured out what I am supposed to write and it is actually a health book!

#2 ·
I'm still working on it. Letters sent to agents, etc. I've also got an idea for a second book in mind, but I don't want to start until I get bites on this one. Too many projects makes it hard to pay attention to any one of them well.

I'll be interested to see if anyone here has published. I'd love some advice! The woman who has the office next to DH is a published romance novelist. She says that whenever they want to do work on the house, she writes a novel and makes the money!

#3 ·
The only things I have done are a history of the nuns I used to belong to -- their work in this country -- and a couple of translations from their historical documents. But they were privately published and were intended for a limited audience, so that doesn't really count. I really did that because I was more or less obliged to. I've taught writing, but have no ambition at all to publish anything. Fortunately "not publishing" is an easy goal to attain. It's nice to have at least one like that!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.