Can anyone explain this one to me?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Angry Can anyone explain this one to me?

I absolutely can not wrap my head around this one?!!?

I know a single woman who has no education and no income other then her food stamps and disability checks. She has no criminal record of her own but three ex husbands who do.. get the picture.

She has two children of her own who do not live with her but rather with her mother because the state removed them from her custody.

One of her ex husbands had a baby about 12 months ago and the state has taken that child. The state contacted her and asked her if she would be willing to adopt that baby because her kids are the babies half siblings.
    Anybody else as confused and angry about this as I am? What could the state be thinking? " Here, we know you can't have your own kids but we are going to give you someone else, better luck this time" . UNBELIEVABLE

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh, don't even get me started!!! The local case here is a mother who had three children by three men and lost custody of them.....then while the 8 year old boy was on visitation - she and her dirtbag boyfriend tortured and killed him and dumped his body in an irrigation canal! You can google Robert Manwill case in ID. Sickening

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hopefully, this is a case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand has done. I think she would be required to have a homestudy and fingerprinting before she could take the baby and her history would show up.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

And I am looking at international adoption because I thought that the local children services had older children with severe issues. I finally read the fine print where it says that younger children with milder issues are available but those pictures aren't posted.
    I just can't do "foster to adopt" because if I had a child six months and then he/she was taken from me....I would be really torn up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It is mostly about the system finding a home for kids. In the 7 county area I am in, there are over 6,000 kids in foster care. There aren't near enough homes for these kids. The biggest problem the state has is finding homes for older children, sibling groups, and children with disabilities.
    While hubby and I would love to go through the baby stages, we are in the process of getting approved to adopt a sibling group of school aged children. These are the kids with the biggest needs right now.
    There are more children than their are open hearts and homes. I would imagine the state is just trying to find someone familar with the baby instead of shuffling him from one foster home to another.
    In Arkansas the requirements to foster or adopt are fairly extensive. I would hope most other states are as well.