Was adoption always in your plans
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Question Was adoption always in your plans

For as long as I can remember, I always wanted to adopt a couple kids. Even after I had my own kids, adoption never left my mind.

How about you?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have thought about it and think that someday we would love to. We have also thought long and hard on becoming foster parents!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No, I had always thought I would be able to have some of my own. But I am so glad that I am able to adopt and become a mother..to me that is more important then where the child comes from.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The decision to have more children was taken out of my hands. I had a hysterectomy by the time I was 27. I am sure I would have had more children if I could have. I am not sure about adoption but I did think of foster parenting. My dh was not agreeable to this.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have wanted to adopt ever since I was a little kid. DH did not want to until he had his own, which was fine with me, because I always thought that IF I adopted, I would want to adopt AFTER I had at least one child of my own, so that my adopted child would always know I really, truly wanted him.her. (Don't ask me where I got that notion. Perhaps from my best childhood friend who was adop

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have wanted to adopt ever since I was a little kid. DH did not want to until he had his own, which was fine with me, because I always thought that IF I adopted, I would want to adopt AFTER I had at least one child of my own, so that my adopted child would always know I really, truly wanted him/her. (Don't ask me where I got that ridiculous notion. Perhaps from my best childhood friend who was adopted from Korea- she and her biological sister and one adoptive brother were all adopted after her parents had a biological son.)

Anyway, I don't know about adoption any more. I have a tough time just raising the one child I have, and I don't know how much we would really benefit another child. We're completely undecided on the child issue at this point. And after the heartbreak my sister's best friend recently went through, I just don't know anymore. Her baby was taken away after a month when the mother, completely out of the blue, changed her mnd.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We had four of our own, and we never really discussed adoption. We felt our "quiver was full!"

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have always wanted to adopt. Strangely enough, I feel no need to have any of my own. DH and I have compromised and agreed that we will have one. However, I have made it clear that I will not undergo any special hormone treatments or anything like that. If it doesn't happen naturally, it's just not for us.

It has taken DH a while to warm up to the idea of adopting. Several events have happened in our lives that have really opened his eyes to why adoption is so neccessary. We aren't adopting because we can't have kids. We are adopting because we feel like it is God's will for our lives.

We will be getting our first child in a few weeks. I just can't wait to see her and have her in our arms.

This won't be our last adoption either. We would like to adopt some older kids when we are more "established" and would like to adopt from overseas.

This new little one we are getting will be the first of many.