OT:Hello to all the adoptive moms on here

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default OT:Hello to all the adoptive moms on here

Hi,

As I have read some of the posts I have seen some of you are adoptive moms. Thank you for sharing that with me. I believe I have seen two posts about Korean moms. My dh and I have discussed a possible Korean adoption in a year or so. Actually don't know how long I have to wait after getting our daughter and I don't know if I would be approved have terrible anxiety issues but this is just too cool that you have shared this info with me. Thank you so much that made my night

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No problem. We actually know lots of internationally adopted kids through church and town. Our street has our 2 from Korean, the little girl next door (who recently moved) is from Russia, there are 2 from China, and 1 from Guatemala.

All the girls I know from China are doing GREAT!!!

My words of advice are to start educating yourselves on post-adoption. We went to a seminar last spring and the message was that your child regardless of what age he/she was when adopted will always have this hurt, and you cannot fix it. And do not try to fix it, just be there for them. "Mommy, I miss someone but I don't know who" is what he said at age 4. He's 6 now. And knowing that I can't "make it better" breaks my heart. And when stuff happens you'll never know what is adoption issues vs. just their personality vs. kid issues vs. something else happening,say at school. Meanwhile my 4 year old daugher wants to visit her birthmother and Dora the Explorer and the Wiggles and the Care Bears - she obviously doesn't get it yet.

And most of the time it's just regular life, regular kid stuff.

My other advice is to go out for dinner just the two of you and do any other just the two of you things NOW while you still can Good luck!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi! I'm an adoptive mom too! Both of mine were adopted out of foster care. My dd who is now 15 (and doing great BTW) we got right before her third birthday and our ds who is now 10 we got when he was 6 months. It would have been wonderful to have been able to have been there duringour dd's first three years, but sadly we missed those.
    I hope you find the right adoptionj scenario for you.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hello! Both of my boys were adopted from Korea. They are now 5 and 3 and are fantastic. My youngest was a waiting child because of an issue with his ear--which really isn't much of an issue at all. They both have dealt with speech delays--which is common for any child, but especially internationally adopted children.

My oldest just started going to Korean school once a month and loves it. He tried it last year (I thought he would enjoy it b/c everyone looked similar to him) and he absolutely hated it. What a difference a year makes.

My advice is to talk about adoption always. It's such a normal thing. We have tons of childrens' books about the topic also. My oldest knows that he grew in someone else's belly, but he came on an airplace to his forever family. My youngest says that he was born in Korea, but I think that means as much to him as saying he was born in Chicago. Doesn't really mean alot, yet but it will.

There are soooo many adoption playgroups, etc. around here. I love that it's so common now. Even from five years ago when my oldest came home, there's such a major difference.

Hope all goes well for you! If you ever want to talk about Chinese adoption, just let me know. My friend that adopted from China loves to talk about as much as I do. If interested, I'll pm her info.

--Cricket

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hello. I am an adopted child now in my 50's. I had the most wonderful loving home and feel blessed everyday that I was given the chance to grow up to be everything my parents told me I could be. I agree to always talk about adoption. No one every set me down and told me that I was adopted. It was just a topic of conversation. I have met my biological family and have enjoyed getting to know. I had a happy reunion...there are 13 of us. But honestly, I don't feel I missed anything. My parents made sure of that. When you love an adopt child as your own, and they are your own, you give that child more than you can imagine. God bless those that open their homes to a world of children that wouldn't otherwise have a chance.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default nwmissourigal

OHHH---nwmissourigal, that's awesome. Thank you for taking the time to write those beautiful words!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Your welcome...I admire people who open there homes to anyone, whether a child or an adult. Your children will give you more joy than you can fathom...Blessings...Kathy