trying again...

Thread: trying again...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default trying again...

About 2 years ago DH and I tried to go through DHS to adopt. [ame="https://www.frugalvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70198"]Here's[/ame] the end of the story. Well, I have recently been feeling like it's time to try again. I'm a little nervous, since I got my heart broken last time, but I'm cautiously optimistic that it will work out much better this time.

We have no birth children, and may not ever (by choice). I'm a little nervous about being a new mom.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good for you! Some child out there is waiting for his/her forever family! Don't give up...it's sooo worth it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

aww, well, keep up the positive attitude.
    i hope something comes through for you.

here's keeping my fingers crossed for ya!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tiffany, I wish you the best of luck. I know some of your pain as I went through years of infertility and never thought we would have a child (I was too scared to even try adoption - don't know why now??) but finally technology caught up and at 38 I had my dd. Now, after having her (if I had to do it over again)....I can tell you, I would go through adoption in a heartbeat, while still trying. I just truly wish you lots of luck with the adoption process and hope everything goes well for you this time. I don't know if it is an option for you in your area but I have heard (don't actually have firsthand knowledge), that if you foster a child or children that the foster parents usually get first dibs on adopting if the parental rights are terminated. Don't know if this would interest you, or if it is true in your area, but just a thought.

I read your other story/post and am so sorry for the pain you went through (with the double whammy) but there is a special little boy or girl out there waiting just for you!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

One thing is for sure~we'll be here every step of the way for you!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We, too, went thru the years of tests, tears, forms, waiting. One day after years of waiting, the call finally came: we were parents! We know where you are coming from, and our prayers are with you.
    Spiritual:
    "You are fearfully and wonderfully made." Please... respect life.

Financial:
    Debt free, hoping to stay that way!

MY BLOG: glorybug.wordpress.com

1. Keep on writing.
    2. Get some balance in my life.
    3. Lose weight. Hopefully 20# this year.
    4. Continue to be looking for how God wants to use me this year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sending lots of positive thoughts your way!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Tiff, I'll be thinking good thoughts for you guys. Keep us posted, k?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Go for it!

Be scared... be nervous... it's human.

Bit of advice for the paperwork, whatever they give you to fill out... make 3 copies. Send back the original, save one in a folder to bring with you or have at your fingertips in the event they say something is missing. Save one in a separate folder (in the event you have to send a copy of something in you have a complete back-up) and finally, save a copy for your child's adoption journal.

I have all the pre-adoption paperwork, travel papers and immigration papers (what they allowed me to keep -- but they didn't say I couldn't take a photo of the papers I had to surrender) in page protectors for when she gets older.

I had years working in schools and pediatrics, I thought I was ready for everything... I thought I would walk in, see her and look her over and assume the role of SuperMom...

I walked to the doorway, took of my sandals (Cambodian custom) looked around, the director had said "Ce bébé vôtre Madame" I didn't speak french but I knew the word Madame was for me... and bébé must be my

Yes... I fainted... right there! I held 'my baby' when they were able to wake me.

You have all of us behind you when you need support, beside you when need a friend and in front of you when you lose your way cheering you on!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Many blessings to you.

toile
    Tourist

You will be a great mother!!!

I would normally reccomend China because we had such a wonderful experience.... but things are soooooo messed up with China adoptions right now....I cant in good contious reccomend them.

Are you thinking domestic or international?

I think its cool we have an adoption area now
    Heres my blog but its not really about adoption really
    http://reddoor-1.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by toile; 03-08-2008 at 11:12 AM.