Reminder of some features
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Reminder of some features

Just a reminder because we have some new members and members that haven't visited in awhile...the village has some features available such as an online journal, photo gallery, classified ads marketplace to sell items or post a business ad, pen pal ads, game arcade, and online auction.

The links for these are on the top of the forums.

Lots of other features are on the main page left main menu, as well.

Also, if ever interested I'm always accepting submissions for craft tutorials, movie and book reviews, and articles. Reviews can go in the review section here: https://www.frugalvillage.com/modules.php?name=Reviews

Pictorials may be posted at any time and articles can be emailed to me directly.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

bump for new members

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Auctions??

What has happened to the auctions? I email the webmaster 3 weeks ago with no answer. Anyone know what is going on??

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

No reply because your email address wasn't valid. I need an updated email.

To answer your question, the auction is not operational. I'm not sure if I'll be putting it back or not. The script was causing a conflict with the rest of the site and even took the entire site down. Until, I can see what's wrong, it will be down.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Is the Gallery disabled? I just tried to put together an album, but the pictures won't upload, it just takes me right back to the upload page and the pictures don't show anywhere. The pics shouldn't be too big in file size, so I don't think that that's the problem.

What's the best way to put pictures into the Gallery or to insert them into posts?

TIA

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yes the photo gallery is disabled, but will be operational as soon as we upgrade. (soon) We were going to do it two weeks ago, but then we all got the flu here, so it will be done soon and will be working again.

If you'd like to post them in the forums, you can attach them or have them hosted elsewhere and link to them.

Registered User frugalbutterfly's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey, I have a question about the auction side.
    I went and tried to register but it kept telling me I needed to put in my email which I had in there, but I still can not get it to let me register. Anyone know why it did that and what I need to do to be able to get there?

TIA

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

As Sara said in a couple posts above:

To answer your question, the auction is not operational. I'm not sure if I'll be putting it back or not. The script was causing a conflict with the rest of the site and even took the entire site down. Until, I can see what's wrong, it will be down.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, Sara

Originally posted by Sara Noel
    Yes the photo gallery is disabled, but will be operational as soon as we upgrade. (soon) We were going to do it two weeks ago, but then we all got the flu here, so it will be done soon and will be working again.

If you'd like to post them in the forums, you can attach them or have them hosted elsewhere and link to them.

Registered User frugalbutterfly's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gosh I guess I am blind, I di not see that part of her post, thanks for letting me know, it is not just my puter.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The auction was pretty active for a while, but I think most members prefer just selling here on the forums and not using the auction. When we switched servers it was also at a time where most of the scripts and features needed upgrades. It gets costly and I don't want to upgrade something like the auction if it's rarely used and causes conflicts with the rest of the site.

I'm sure tons of people have tried to register and received the same error. Sorry about that.

The upgrade on the forums will be a major overhaul. We haven't upgraded in a while and it's not as simple as it is on the sister sites because FV is so large and we have a lot of add ons and scripts that are integrated into one another.

When we do upgrade a lot of things will take time to work properly or as we're all used to using them. Some things may not work at all. We'll just have to see when we do it.