FV Fundraiser!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FV Fundraiser!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thumbs up FV Fundraiser!

Frugal Village Fundraiser – Let’s show how much we appreciate our Village!

Web pages cost money and I’d like to do a little something to help Sara and Gabe with the cost of keeping the Village and Homestead Garden going, but; I will need your help, lots of help. First let me say that this is my idea and no one has asked me to do this. I just want to help with the ever increasing cost of FV. Lord knows we need Frugal Village to keep us all from going NUTS.

Here’s my idea. I am going to ask those of you who make crafts, any kind of craft, to donate a craft that will go into a gift basket. Once the crafts are ready, you will ship them to me and I will assemble them into hopefully several baskets/bags/boxes. I’ll post pictures and have a raffle for them. Very similar to the way we did the quilt raffle earlier. The more items you donate, the more baskets/bags/boxes I can fill up and the more money we can raise. All money raised by the raffle will go directly to Sara and she will have her kids draw the names of the various winners. I will then ship the baskets/bags/boxes, at my expense, to the lucky winners. I will be submitting crafts as well and will pay for my raffle tickets same as everyone else.

So I need you to make socks, scarves, potholders, beaded items, stamped cards, gloves, purses, soaps, bath salts, jewelry, table runners, clay pot crafts, snowman jars, anything and everything that you can make. I know I’m asking a lot of for your time and the expense of making the items, but please help me with this. Hopefully we will have some items that everyone loves and we can raise a good amount of money through the auction. Everyone will be given an opportunity to buy as many raffle tickets as you want. The cost will be the same as before - $2 per ticket or 3 tickets for $5.

I know that not everyone makes crafts, but that’s okay too. We will have at least one box that is a Rainy Day Box for kids. You can donate items for kids to make crafts with and they will go in the box. Items like pipe cleaners, Playdoh, construction paper, glue, ribbons, chalk, etc. Some lucky kid will get a wonderful box of surprises. We will have a raffle for this box as well and you will be able to designate that you want your ticket to be for this particular box. Please ship your items to me for this box as well and I will again pay for the shipping to the winner.

Will you please help me with this? Please post on here if you will send a craft for this fundraiser. You don’t have to post what craft it will be, just that you will help. I’d like for all shipments to reach me no later than February 28. That gives us a little more than a month. The raffle tickets will then be up for sale until the end of March. Please pm me with any questions or suggestions on how I can make this better.

I feel guilty for having an idea and then asking you to help me with it but I can’t make this happen without your help.

Please……

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would be more than willing to make some crafts to send you for this idea. I think it is a wonderful idea and am glad I can be a part..........

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks Roxy. Just think how cool it would be to win a basket of FV homemade crafts. I appreciate your helping me with this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Put me down for a scarf (oh my) and some items for the kids box.
    Great idea Pat , it does cost alot to run these sites and since we all enjoy them, helping out when we can is a very good thing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wonderful idea Pat, put me down for something for the kids box and a craft...

Thanks so much, helping Sara and Gabe is a wonderful idea!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank you. I'm getting excited. I need to make a run to the fabric store for some items to get started. I'm think fun fleece items

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Put me down for something too. I'll let you know what in a few days.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Me too! What an awesome idea Pat! I will make an extra flaxseed eyepillow along with the one I'm making tonight!

Can you PM me the address you would like me to send it to? Thanks!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I will also need that address..........

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I wanted to say thank you to all that participate and a special thank you to Pat for putting this together.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'll see what I can come up with and I'll get back with you

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pat, what a great idea!

I will definitely participate. I can send some soaps, a couple of crocheted sachets, and I'll see if I have time to do some mitts (kids ones?)

Can you pm me the address please?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'll be sending something!
    Blog: http://amysreallife.com

Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

Debt:
    Mortgage - $399,526.10
    Grocery Budget Challenge: $749.08/$800.00

Always remember others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'll be sending a rubber stamp set that has never been used. It's a great idea Pat, I'm happy to help with it.

Heather Bob
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I will definitely make something and send some goodies for the kid's basket. Great idea Pat Thank you!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast