Important Announcement - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Anyone can pm me for my address if they don't have paypal.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thank you, Sara, for all you do. I'm interested to see the new links! Sounds interesting.
    Blog: http://amysreallife.com

Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

Debt:
    Mortgage - $399,526.10
    Grocery Budget Challenge: $749.08/$800.00

Always remember others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I didn't even realize that there were any popups. My computer must block them. The only annoying ads I've found are the ones on the left. I just hide those.

I have clicked on some of the ads. I don't think that I've seen this, but I wouldn't mind having a shopping page. So, if I need to buy something from Staples, I just click on the link. I've seen the amazon link. I just haven't seen a lot others.

I wouldn't be opposed at paying a yearly/monthly fee for using FV. It would be nice for people surfing the net to have 3 months free.

I also support the idea of keeping FV free. There are a lot of people that really need the information that FV provides. Accepting donations does promote community among the villagers.

I have absolutely no idea about web design and software nor do I have any idea of the costs involved. I'm assuming that I'm not alone. Would you be willing to share how much money we need to raise to upgrade FV and how much you estimate is needed to maintain the website. We all set goals on paying off debt, building our EF. It would seem appropriate that we all work together to reach the goal. So, if it is $10K, then it would be an incentive to see how much we've raised and how much more we need to go. Just a thought.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just came across some of the new links. They are in no way obtrusive. Even 3 of my 'kids' names in my siggy are links! Can't wait to see what they say!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

WHY can't I see them???? Everyone can see them but me (whine)!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Originally posted by Darlene
    Thanks for the heads up Sara. I know running this site has taken a lot of time & money from you and Gabe and the least we can do is help defray costs buy supporting this change. Love how FV has grown and am looking forward to see what's up next. Exciting times ahead & I'm looking forward to being a part of it all.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for heads-up. At first I thought I did something wrong Also, I would love to contribute to FV. This site and the forum has helped me alot.

How can I donate $$'s?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

You can either send donations via paypal ([email protected]) or pm me for my address.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Originally posted by Sara Noel
    You can either send donations via paypal ([email protected]) or pm me for my address.
    Thanks Sara,

Just PM'd you. Am cranky with PayPal

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

O.K. I'm sending you a paypal payment right now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thank for all the donations that have been given so far.

We've upgraded the RAM on the server, so there should be a difference in your surfing experience here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes. In order for FV to be paid, the green link has to be clicked. It's not actually an ad and only a link otherwise.
    I think clicking on these links will be a great way to help out. I'm going to click away!!!

I am also grateful for all you and Gabe have done for the site. I've been here a year and enjoy it a lot. Thanks for all you do!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

So-- let me make sure I understand. . . if I click on a link. . . FV will get a small payment.

Do I actually have to purchase something at the link, or does just clicking on it work? And what about clicking multiple times on one link?

I'd love to be able to help and this seems pretty painless if I can just click when ever I see a green highlighted word.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ladies,

Here is a little snipet from Sara on clicking on the links. HTH

I want to clarify. Do not, please do not go click happy on ads. These networks are partnered with me and know my exact traffic patterns and are strictly monitored and believe me, they will know when someone is excessively clicking. It will send a red flag. There are average statistics for traffic vs. clicks and I could get penalized for fraudulant clicks.

Part of my contract is not being permitted to encourage or discourage clicking in any way. I can only inform how we make money and share that you should only click on something that would be of interest to you or you're curious about and not click to make FV money.

To clarify..a fraudulent click is clicking without any interest in the product or link.

Gosh, I hope I'm making sense here. I know everyone just wants to help. There are just strict guidelines now that I am partnered with these networks.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

You don't have to purchase anything, but no I don't want anyone clicking away to just help FV. Meaning not soley based on that. You should only click on an ad if you are curious, interested, want more information, or intend on purchasing. I can't encourage people to click and can only inform you how it works. I've partnered with Vibrant Media and am monitored. They have their own system in place to prevent what they consider click fraud and I can only do my part by not encouraging clicks, but informing how it all works at the same time.

So yes. It helps defray costs to click, but don't click to click. It will not help FV in any way done any way but the way that is intended.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast