Apple peelers?

Thread: Apple peelers?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Question Apple peelers?

Do you own one? I don't, but would love one. Is it better to get the one that vice grips to the counter or do the suction cup ones work just as well? Do they work on other veggies or are they for apples only?

Sara

FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob Jerseygirl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had the "apple peeler, corer..." from pampered chef-used it once and gave it away-I do almost no baking so I don't know what I was thinking when I bought it--the girl I gave it to loves it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I picked up a Pampered Chef one at S.Army, in the bag, with directions at least a year ago...ahem! I still haven't used it But I will this fall!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have an old apple peeler that peels and cores. I use it during apple season. I have never tried to use it with other veggies. We have a group of farms near here that are collectively called "Apple Hill". We go up there every September and buy a box of apples. I cook them up in cakes etc. I freeze some of them. We haven't missed a year going up there in maybe twenty five years. First went with our kids and now with the grandkids. Great fun!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have one of those apple peeler/corer/slicer and I love it!! Now I used it to make apple pies, makes that job easy.... Now in truth I uses it maybe 10 times a year the most but it makes it easy..

I have also used it for peeling and slicing potatoes and it works fine for that too I think you can do really any hard veggie or fruit..

Eileen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

bumping up to get more recommendations.

Sara

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have one, the apple goes on the little spikes and you turn the handle.... I let the kids use it to help out.... I did potaoes with it, you have to go back a cut a little by hand....

Registered User PennyPinchinPam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Kathi,

We plan on going to "Apple Hill" this year too. We must not live very far apart. I'm close to Fairfield. When is the best time to go? What kind of stuff is there to do with the kids? I've tried to get hubby to go every year and this year we are going even if we gotta leave him here. LOL!

Oh and Sara my friend has the PC peeler/corer thing and she loves it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I looked at buying one at Cracker Barrel but I didn't think I would ever use it much.Or not $25 worth anyway lol

A few years ago we went a Craft Show that they have every year called Homestead Hollow....someone was demoing one that would slice onions really thin.Something like the way Ruby Tuesdays onion straws are. I wish I'd got that one.
    The one Cracker Barrel had wouldn't do that.I asked the lady doing the demo if it would and she said she didn't know but went in the kitchen to get a onion LOL!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have the Pampered Chef one. Have had limited success with it. Mine only works very well with VERY FIRM apples, like Granny Smith. They have to be perfectly round too. If you can get one second hand, I would say go for it. For $25, you would have to make alot of pies, and mine always leaves some of the core in the apples, so I have to trim with a knife. I use it maybe once a year.

Deb

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Apple Hill huh? That sounds like fun.. I am a northern California girl too. I'd like to get more info on going

Sara, My SO loves his apple corer dude. It really is easy to use, we have the clamp to the table version.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I too have the pampered chef apple peeler, well worth the money. We do can, make apple pies and apple sauce. Even my dd age 5 last fall was able to do the apples.
    BTW I think its about $20-25 now so cracker barrel price would be about right. No paying for shipping etc..
    I wouldn't think one with suction cups would work very good, the clamps work great.