Apple prices?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Apple prices?

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Apple prices?

Is it just me or apples high this fall? I bought a 3 lb. bag of Gala apples at our commissary for $2.99. This seems high to me like the price didn't fall for being in season or am I confused on the season of apples?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I agree with you they are high, our closest grocery store hasn't had them less then $4 for a 3 pound bag. I was looking online for orchards to go pick my own, because of where I live I would have to travel 3hours into Va. The orchards that are in NC that have websites are saying they don't have apples this year because of a late frost we got in the spring, though the drought we are in probably plays a part in the lack of apples also.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

NY's apple harvest has been wonderful.

Recently I got gala apples for 69c/lb. So for 3lbs it would be $2.07 not a whole lot less than what you paid.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My husband came home from the store the other day and I was looking at the reciept. It showed he paid $1.69 for red delicious apples. It normally is $1.29 or around that price!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Weird. I am in Southwestern Ontario (Canada) and two weeks ago I paid 49 cents/lb for glas from the US while the going rate fr pick your own was 70 cents/lb! Glas usually go from 99-1.69/lb.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

They have been pretty high here as well. On sale you can find them around a $1 per pound but regular prices are $1.49 to $1.79... and we go thru a lot of apples....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default commisary

AIr force paula. do you find the commisary worth it. Do you think it would be worth my time buying for one... I havent been to commisary since i got booted out the army. i have only been to maxwell px once. I probadly should go more often. Apples at PuBLIX have been terrible. like i have seen some over 2 dollars a pound. the galas were the cheapest last week at walmart. i think 99 cents a pound. My favorite is the braeburn. I love them or granny smith.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The average price I have been paying is $1.99/lb for the green granny smith ones(the only kind my rabbit will eat). Sometimes I can find them for $1.29/lb, but not too often.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

They've been on sale here for 1.49, reg. 1.79. That is high to me. I used to get them on sale for .99 on a regular basis, sometimes even less.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can get them for .99 at the produce store, but they're grade B. Still taste great, though. We had the red delicious and galas on sale at our store for .99 last week. This week they're $1.29.

I haven't checked bag apples yet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default midnigt snack

A big fat apple is usuallly my midnight snack before i go to bed. SO i dont buy the bags cause they look like little bitty apples most of the time and i want a big one. HEY i guess i could cut up two since i do that anyway. and i could trick myself into thinking i had a big one. DUH> I learning everyday. I havent learned like this since kindergarten

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We have a little store here that is a Shurfine.. and they have local apples for 69 cents a pound - gotta love that!! Otherwise, we usually pay $1.50 and up. I usually only buy at $1.19 a pound or less.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh how I miss Food 4 Less in California! Great prices on produce. They often had apples for 3 lbs./$1.00, or sometimes a little more. Here the cheapest they ever seem to go is .99 cents a lb., and not that often. We go through a lot of apples.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got the biggest and most beautiful Fuji apples yesterday at Kroger for $1.18 lb...I've never seen apples this nice, they are as big as your head! I've never seen apples that pretty and tasty at our commissary, especially at that price.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We took the kids apple picking about a week ago and paid .40 cents a lb because a lot of the apples took hail damage. Bought 5 big bags and have been making desserts and yesterday froze 1/2 of what we had left. We still have 2 bags to deal with!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast