Toaster Ovens
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toaster Ovens

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Toaster Ovens

Hi there,

I really want a toaster oven. I keep saying I'm going to buy one but I'm sure you can relate when I say I want a good one..lol..I find one and then I wonder if there is a better one that I should get instead.

With the prospect of a hot summer here in Alberta and no a/c in our third floor apartment I don't want to be using the oven too much.

So for those of you with toaster oven: Which one do you have and why ? Pros & Cons also please. Feature you use all the time?? Convection style or not?

Also because I lack a lot of counter space, where the heck do you put yours?

I want to buy one this weekend if possible

Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't have one, but I just wanted to say that I often see them offered on Craigslist.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have one, it's a convection one. I use all the features. It's on the counter next to my stove, but I have a lot of counter space. It gets hot around it...so be careful where you place it.

I have a gas stove and this little oven keeps me from heating up the entire house in the spring and summer.

It's a black and decker with 12" pizza capacity.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User monkeywrangler71's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianTreehugger View Post
    Also because I lack a lot of counter space, where the heck do you put yours?

I put mine in the closet - too bad you're so far away or I would give it to you.

If convection helps seal in the heat the way it does with a conventional oven it's probably a good idea. Mine takes forever to heat up because so much heat escapes from it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by suki View Post
    I have one, it's a convection one. I use all the features. It's on the counter next to my stove, but I have a lot of counter space. It gets hot around it...so be careful where you place it.

I have a gas stove and this little oven keeps me from heating up the entire house in the spring and summer.

It's a black and decker with 12" pizza capacity.

Thank you..darn not having a lot of counter space I will look at the B&D one you mentioned

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Have you seen this [ame="https://www.frugalvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100666"]thread[/ame]? You might find some useful info.

I have a KitchenAid. It bakes great, but isn't very good at toasting. It doesn't have convection, but my regular oven does and I rarely use it, so that wasn't a feature I looked for.

Fortunately, I have a large kitchen with plenty of counter space, so I keep mine on the counter.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We just got one at WalMart and I have fallen in love with ours. It does EVERYTHING. And we bought the cheapest one for $18.88 (brand is Durant or Durand, something like that...pretty cheap!). It is very small and sits between the microwave and the fridge on our counter.
    My advice: GET ONE, they are wonderful. But keep it out so you'll use it. We use it to cook biscuits, chicken,cookies, cornbread, you name it. It has broil, bake, and toast options. It doesn't heat up the kitchen the way an oven does, and takes very little time to warm up. It also encourages us to quickly cook something at home rather than go eat out.
    We love our toaster oven!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Smile

I need one.
    My oven just died today.
    New stove won't be here for a month.
    I swear it's like they know.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow. Now I want one, too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I also have one that I rarely use nowadays. It's a B&D Toast-R-Oven/Broiler and I used the heck out of it the first few months I had it. I think we've had it for a really long time. I use it mainly for reheating pizza but I might start looking into ways to make better use of it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yea sometimes I think we don't need another appliance but lately I've been really looking hard at what we use the oven for and how I hate using it when the weather is really warm. For some reason the stairwells and hallways in our building stay really warm and it leaks into our apt. making it worse so I'm trying to keep the place cool as possible which sucks because I love to bake I'm also looking to get a slow cooker if I can justify the usage vs cost.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I saw this old thread.

a toaster oven is the best little appliance

save money big time on not heating up a big oven for a small snack or whatever.

I make spaghetti on the stovetop and then toast bread in the toaster oven. I heat up tons of things in that oven.

It does wonderful for baked potatoes.

Again, I hardly use my oven anymore literally!!!!

I know I save ALOT of money off the elec. bill so that makes me smile.

I have counter space so it is right where it needs to be for convenience. I say MAKE counterspace if you must. This item is worth the shuffling of stuff to put out and use!!!!

So I cook with stovetop and toaster oven. I got a bigger one and I was glad I did. I cook meatloaf and tons of things in it.

I can't rave enough about a toaster oven.

Mine was $49.99 and I know it has saved me that much or more from not using the oven!!!

Don't get digital display. That uses phantom power when plugged in. I got dials that way I never have to unplug or use a power strip. Basic model, that bakes, toasts, broils and all that.
    Last edited by Karen1; 07-29-2009 at 09:00 AM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't have a lot of counter space, BUT I found a place for my toaster oven. I use it all the time rather than turn the oven on. I bake/broil/toast in it.

Registered User pop goes the weasel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have one but rarely use it. It doesn't seem to bake as fast or get things as brown. I thought being so close to the heating elelment things would brown quicker. I did a steak in it n broil and it took forever. I enended up finishing it in the broier.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have one and use it alot.

I see them at GW all the time for very little $.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast