my bread machine has met it's demise
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Unhappy my bread machine has met it's demise

I thought at first it was old yeast because many loaves weren't turning out right. Then I got about 5 loaves that were perfect and then another 3 that weren't. It has been so frustrating. I now know it's time to say goodbye. It's not even 2 yrs old and I'm very disappointed that it's already broken.

Time to save for a new one. I won't be buying Salton again. Any other recommendations?

Sara

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

poor sara i had one but i don't remember what kind it was it was excellent though. sorry i can't help but i do feel bad.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sara I have a Toastmaster, it even has a butter churn in it. I have had it for 5 years and it is still going strong!!!
    Sorry to hear about your machine.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a WestBend and so far it's been a good one. Had it about 3-4 years

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Did I mention my new coffeepot's carafe cracked too?
    This is not my week for appliances.

Ok I'm done whining. LOL

Sara

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

poor sara. (i just love that weeping one.) i hope you don't break or crack anything else, but i have those days too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gee Sara- at least it's nothing major like the fridge or washing machine going on you.

I have a Sunbeam bread machine that I got at Wal Mart for about $40.00. Works great!! Hope your week gets better!!

Laura

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sara... maybe you should just rest. Maybe this stuff is a sign.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well Sara I know how you feel. My dishwasher is broken again and I hate it. My neighbor has a WestBend and she loves it. I can't say personally because I am still saving for one myself. Let me know what you decide and how it works, will you? Hope your luck gets better than this.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mines a Westbend too but I wasn't too choosey about it. I was only able to get it because it was on clearance online and I had online coupons. It's worked well for about two years but that's not saying much because I only drag it out of the cupboard like once a year on rainy days when I'm bored...
    It does make a terribly loud noise though.

Rhiana

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry Sara!! I have a Westbend too and I have used it for almost 3 years now and it still works just fine!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ugh..that stinks...when it rains it pours....I'll need to check which one I have...Dave bought it for me 4 yrs ago from QVC...I'll look and edit in a bit...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Mine was a Black & Decker that I picked up at Walmart and was going strong right up until I bartered it for some craft items. As far as I know its still going strong.

But maybe its time to put that money towards a Bosch machine along with a Whispermill grain mill. Once you do that, you'll never want a bread machine again. I don't have a Bosch machine. I do have a 6 qt. KA and although I do like it I regret not getting the Bosch instead.

If you have these 2 machines, you don't have to knead your bread, the machines do it for you. And if you have a Bosch, you don't even need to let your dough rise. All you have to do is put it in the bread pans and let it rise in the bread pans. Once risen, you bake and thats it!!

I have never regretted getting rid of my bread machine.

Sorry to hear that all your small appliances are going at the same time. It always seems to be that way, doesn't it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I did so much running today. I had to get Zachary to preschool, then headed to gfs (bulk store) for some food that I buy in bulk, then to Meijers for replacement carafe *hurray* they had one, then to Waldens, then to drop off videos, then to get Zachary from preschool, then to dollar store to shop for Halloween goodies for party tomorrow. I'm home and the best part of my day (outside of picking up Zachary) was getting new pajamas and a robe. wahoo!!! I needed something a bit nicer than the ratty housecoat I have been wearing for way too long. hehe
    Don't want to scare the other new mommies in the maternity ward at the hospital. LOL

Thanks for the cheer ups. I feel a lot better over my bread machine.

Sara

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Originally posted by homestead mamma
    Mine was a Black & Decker that I picked up at Walmart and was going strong right up until I bartered it for some craft items. As far as I know its still going strong.

But maybe its time to put that money towards a Bosch machine along with a Whispermill grain mill. Once you do that, you'll never want a bread machine again. I don't have a Bosch machine. I do have a 6 qt. KA and although I do like it I regret not getting the Bosch instead.

If you have these 2 machines, you don't have to knead your bread, the machines do it for you. And if you have a Bosch, you don't even need to let your dough rise. All you have to do is put it in the bread pans and let it rise in the bread pans. Once risen, you bake and thats it!!

I have never regretted getting rid of my bread machine.

Sorry to hear that all your small appliances are going at the same time. It always seems to be that way, doesn't it.
    I am on the Bosch website. Can you point out which appliance you mean? Is it this? Looks like a food processor too.

http://www.boschappliances.com/small...ances_1859.asp

I would prefer investing in a good appliance and make bread by hand with less kneading work vs. risking another poor decision on an expensive bread machine.

Sara

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast