Kitchen Countertop Appliances
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Kitchen Countertop Appliances

More than likely, you have a couple kitchen countertop appliances, maybe more. Crock pots, mixers, blenders, food processors, bread machines, electric skillets, roaster ovens, waffle irons, griddles, can openers, food dehydrators, fry daddys, ice cream makers, yogurt makers, seal a meal machines, grills......... Just a partial list.

So here's some questions for you:

Which appliance is your favorite? why?
    Which appliance could you easily get rid of? why?

For me, the favorite and most used appliance is my crock pot. Before I was retired, it was a life saver. I easily spent 10 hours total at school and on the road. Once home, I still had homework to grade, etc. Having a meal ready and hot in the crock made life so much easier. And having that wonderful aroma greet me when I came in the door was so welcoming! Even now that I am retired, I am still busy and on the go. So the crock still is easily my favorite appliance. And it's great for entertaining when I am having a soup supper.

What appliance could I easily get rid of and never really miss? That would be my waffle iron. While I like to eat waffles, I just never take the time to make them. Probably it should go into the yard sale pile.

OK. Your turn!
    Spiritual:
    "You are fearfully and wonderfully made." Please... respect life.

Financial:
    Debt free, hoping to stay that way!

MY BLOG: glorybug.wordpress.com

1. Keep on writing.
    2. Get some balance in my life.
    3. Lose weight. Hopefully 20# this year.
    4. Continue to be looking for how God wants to use me this year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Most loved, the crock pot!!!

Could go....the electric grill!!

Although it is handy because of the amount of space it holds, it is in the way most of the time, and gets used only 1-3 times a year if that!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have no appliances on my counter. Not that many appliances anyway. Crockpot, toaster, george foreman, coffee maker. I could not live without my coffee maker, because I need my morning coffee!I can do with out my crock pot, I rarely use this anymore but I work from home, so dont need to set it for 8-10 hours.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The coffee pot and coffee grinder are a must around here. And I use my Vitamix almost every day. My mixer at least once a week. Could probably get rid of my food processer (25 years old...have used it maybe a dozen times)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good question, especially now that I am packing and realizing the MASS amounts of stuff I have. LOL Crockpot and immersion blender are on the top. Probably coffee maker could go since I have a french press. HHHMMMM, do I pack the coffee maker or not???

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have a few on my counter, most under the counter. On the counter and used daily is my coffee maker. Running a close second in loved and used are my rice cooker and bread maker.

Relatively unused most of the year, but indispensable at Christmas, my blender, food processor, and mixer.

Under my counter and pretty much never used: waffle iron (won in Christmas gift exchange); toaster oven (given to me by my mother, who keeps giving me toaster ovens every time I get rid of them); George Foreman grill (thanks again to my mother).
    DH aka Mad Hen
    (http://mad-hen-creations.blogspot.com/)

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Which appliance is your favorite? why? coffeemaker, toaster and mixer, oh food processor too...

Which appliance could you easily get rid of? why? cappucino machine (it was free...)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

the cappochino machine could go. we have NEVER used it.

on my counter is a tea kettle and a coffee maker. that's it. Those are must haves because they are used every single day. But by far my favorites are the crockpot, the rotisserie, and the rice cooker, i like these because they cost less to run than the gas stove/oven. And they are so versatile.
    Last edited by Missy; 10-13-2008 at 01:39 PM. Reason: i didn't answer the question

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well lets see i use all my crockpots(i have 4) but not all out at the same time, my toaster oven, toaster, microwave, rice cooker

i think the coffee pot could go i just keep it for the kids, george foreman wanna be went also.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My most used appliance ~ a toss-up between my kitchenaid and coffeemaker.

Least used is probably my panini maker ~ I don't drag it out very often.

The only things that you can see on my cupboards is my kitchenaid ~ my coffeemaker, toaster, mini chopper, hand mixer and thermal coffee pot live in my appliance garage and the rest of my appliances live on shelves in my laundry room

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I finally got smart and using the George Foreman for pannini's, so I guess it will stay. My breadmaker sits on the counter, because it's too big for under the counter and I use it weekly. I use my coffee pot for ice tea maker, blender I use, hand mixer (Sunbeam-38 yrs old!) I use, toaster (1952!) use daily, crock pot/weekly.... I will keep what I have...but..I was wishing for a waffle maker... really!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hmmm, I love my veggie steamer and rice cooker. I also use my magic bullet almost every morning to make my protein shake for breakfast.

I don't use my food processor hardly ever, so that could go.

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The only appliance I have on my counter is a can opener which I love. MY favorite is the crock pot!!!

The could go appliance is the george forman. I just don't use it enough.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm not very gadgety. I've got a blender, a KitchenAid stand mixer, a food processor, a hand mixer, a crockpot, a cappuccino machine, a coffee maker, a waffle iron, a toaster oven, a rice steamer, and an egg cooker.

I use all of these at least once a week, so couldn't easily get rid of any of them. If I had to choose, I'd ditch the egg cooker because I could always just cook them on the stove. My favorite is probably my food processor. I use it for everything.
    Last edited by The Muse; 10-13-2008 at 02:36 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have a blender, 2 crockpots, food processor, indoor grill, hot pot, ice cream maker, snow cone maker, and a mixer.

I love my food processor, I use it quite a bit for dinner and it was free courtesy of my sister's wedding leftovers (the first wedding).
    I would do without....everything else. I have only used them a few times each. Not enough use to make it worth it. Mostly they were wedding gifts. I don't even own a toaster or an electronic can opener.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast