anyone have a wonderwash?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default anyone have a wonderwash?

I found this while reading one of my favorite blogs. This is highly appealing to me, and I am seriously thinking about getting it. Soo.. I was wondering if any of my frugal friends has one, had one, wants one..

You can look at it on [ame="http://www.amazon.com/The-Laundry-Alternative-Wonderwash-SpinDryer/dp/B002C8HR9A/ref=acc_glance_ktch_ai_-2"]amazon[/ame]

Just curious.. in our tiny apartment i think it might be kinda handy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, the idea is a good one, especially for your circumstances of being single and living in a small apt. But do you think that the small 5 lb capacity will be okay? It just seems like you can either spend every evening doing a small load, or spending a whole day doing a week's load. It mentions being able to fit in one queen sheet at a time, one towel at a time, and two pairs of jeans, along with one top at a time. If it was me, I'd get tired of this after about 1 week...lol! Maybe you have alot more patience than I do, BUT.....If you're looking for an opinion, my honestly and gut tells me to say ~keep your money~.

Hoping the best for you whichever way you decide!!

Theresa

PS- another thought though...if you're wanting it just for "in between" laudry-mat trips, this could be VERY handy I see you live in Idaho and probably have good reasons (weather wise) for not wanting to venture outside sometimes.
    Last edited by mamamia; 01-25-2010 at 09:19 AM. Reason: spelling error

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mamamia View Post
    Well, the idea is a good one, especially for your circumstances of being single and living in a small apt. But do you think that the small 5 lb capacity will be okay? It just seems like you can either spend every evening doing a small load, or spending a whole day doing a week's load. It mentions being able to fit in one queen sheet at a time, one towel at a time, and two pairs of jeans, along with one top at a time. If it was me, I'd get tired of this after about 1 week...lol! Maybe you have alot more patience than I do, BUT.....If you're looking for an opinion, my honestly and gut tells me to say ~keep your money~.

Hoping the best for you whichever way you decide!!

Theresa

PS- another thought though...if you're wanting it just for "in between" laudry-mat trips, this could be VERY handy I see you live in Idaho and probably have good reasons (weather wise) for not wanting to venture outside sometimes.
    I have to agree with above poster.
    On the other side I believe Dean either has one or bought her daughter one. Could check with her if she dosen't see this. Also, I think Grainlady mentioned it a few times.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The recommended amount of clothes per load is
    7-8 dress shirts or
    10 T-shirts or
    30 pairs of socks or
    2-3 pairs of blue jeans

I'm planning on using it as our washer. With maybe one trip to the laundry mat a month for comforters, we only have 2..

Dbf actually thinks this is a feasible idea. I sure think it is.

Thank you for your advice! I truely appreciate it. I hope dean or grainlady can jump in, I'd really like some first hand experience from people I trust.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dean posts alot on the challenges forums. Trying looking for her there.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The reviews were not that promising. Many claimed it was of poor construction and broke in a short time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have a WonderWash -- and we're a condo-dwelling family of 3.
    I have had it over a year, and no complaints

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I do know some people have it and like it. Hopefully one of them will comment on it. If it was just me or just me and my son, I would definitely get one. Doing one load a day in it to keep up with the laundry would be nothing for me as I have to do that now with 4 people in a regular washer anyway.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

There is another product with a simular name (wonder washer) that ISN'T any good... this one has been great. I bought mine at Laundry Alternatives

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thank you lady v. The wonder washer looks a lot worse. As far as ringing out clothes, do you just wring them out by hand? And hang to to dry?

The only complaint I've really heard is the base is flimpsy and that it's hard to get all the water out of jeans.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chevy_chick95 View Post
    As far as ringing out clothes, do you just wring them out by hand? And hang to to dry?
    I hand wring the clothes (they sell a spinner, but I don't have the room or desire to get one). The lighter things are hung on a rack, the heavier things are rung, hung and then tossed in the dryer

Quote Originally Posted by chevy_chick95 View Post
    The only complaint I've really heard is the base is flimpsy and that it's hard to get all the water out of jeans.
    The base has suction cups, they aren't super-suction, but enough to keep the machine from sliding away when you are turning the barrel. As long as you fill the water first, and then don't exceed the recommended amount of clothes, the legs are fine. Jeans take extra wringing. If I don't need them right away, I let them drip-dry, otherwise I do the same as I do for heavier things.

I make my own laundry powder too. What I do is put in the hot water and then my soap, close it and give it a few cranks to get it mixed and then add my clothes.

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

As far as wring out clothing I just was reading that many use those deck mop buckets with the mop press. They just put the clothing in the mop compartment and press down the bar and it squeezes the extra water out of the clothing and into the bucket.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thank you for your advice lady v! That helps a lot. I saw the spin dryer they sell it's around $67 and requires electricity. While it is appealing because I don't have a dryer I don't really think it'd necessary. I am just concerned about the jeans having to dry for days.

Polly- I was looking into the ringers, found one for $24 seems like a good idea but I probably won't buy it right away. But it is much more appealing because it doesn't require electricity.

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Would you happen to have a link for that ringer? Please

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sorry it was $25.99. Haven't done any research on ringers so I have no idea if this is a good one.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.html/ref=mp_s_a_5?qid=1264456304&a=B00112JHUK&sr=8-5"]Behrens #46PL 12QT Bucket & Wringer:Amazon:Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast