LG vs Samsung refrigerator
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default LG vs Samsung refrigerator

Our refrigerator went out on Sunday. I had been researching what type/size I wanted but had not got around to specific brands. We bought a 29 cu. ft. French door LG at the Sears outlet store. We got a great deal (less than half price) as they were just opened this store a couple of weeks ago. They also had the Samsung version for about the same price. Hubby and I debated but we didn't even know that Samsung made fridges and who buys thier refrigerator from a stereo company right? So we went with the LG. I am now hearing that the LGs have had a tendency towards catching fire in the past and the Samsungs have been rated in the top 4 of consumer reports for a few years. We can go swap it out if we want. Does anyone have any personal experience with either? We need input.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/LG-LMX28987ST-French-Refrigerator-Stainless/dp/B002LSL6QQ/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1282321138&sr=1-2-fkmr0"]Amazon.com: LG : LMX28987ST 27.5 cu. ft. French Door Refrigerator - Stainless Steel: Kitchen &…@@[email protected]@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/[email protected]@[email protected]@311B-qwIjQL[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-RFG297AARS-French-Door-Refrigerator-Stainless/dp/B001AXMGS0/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1282321011&sr=1-8"]Amazon.com: Samsung : RFG297AARS 29 cu. ft. French-Door Refrigerator - Real Stainless: Home &…@@[email protected]@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/[email protected]@[email protected]@41De0RF29-L[/ame]
    Last edited by Gabe; 08-20-2010 at 01:19 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a good friend whose LG did give her alot of trouble. She eventually got rid of it and purchased the Samsung and hasn't had any problems with it at all. She loves it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

After only a week of nothing but trouble with the LG we changed it out yesterday for a Samsung.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've also heard bad things about LG dishwashers. The guy at best buy said that's why they have so many "open box" discounts on them, they are frequently return quite soon after purchase.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have an LG fridge and stove. I would never buy them again. We have had problems with both. The stove....the cook top has cracked/broke twice. We did nothing to cause it, both times we were cooking dinner and heard a loud pop....we looked down to see a huge crack in the surface. The fridge the cooling element(?) quick working after only using it for a few months. The company did replace it, but we still lost food that wasnt replaced.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Keep me posted about the Samsung fridge. I'll be buying kitchen appliances for our new home in the coming months and I'm anxious to hear how you like this brand. I've heard nothing but good things about them.