I seriously hate my front loader. Help!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Angry I seriously hate my front loader. Help!!

I've complained about it before. It's about three years old and a GE.

I've had it serviced once in the first year when it was under warranty with the same problem I always have with it. It doesn't get my clothes clean no matter the cycle and my clothes always smell like mold.

This is what we do....When the service man came out he cleaned out something and dumped dirty water because it was clogged. So dh does this about once a month and it helps for about a couple loads. I leave the door open, have cleaned the seal for mold, ran dish washing detergent through it empty like suggested, used vinegar in the fabric softer and bleach part, clean out that tray and wash any buid up, use only safe HE detergent.. Rinse and repeat. Blah...it seems to improve for a couple loads and then nothing seems to get cleaned after that! I remember Grainlady said they are notorious for this.

I was out Lowe's yesterday looking at paint and found myself wondering over in the washer section. Yes, tempted to buy a cheap Roper brand and I bet my clothes would be cleaner!!

Any more tips before I kick the thing? I wish we never purchased and fell into the hype of front loaders. It's I want my 70's model back that did a heck of a better job.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

what kind of detergent are you using? Is it HE and are you using HE detergent?

I have a Fridgadaire front loader with no problems what ever so far. It even got out stains that my old top loader GE missed.

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I use HE Tide or HE Purex. Have tried HE Gain too. I seriously think something is wrong with this GE piece of crap. ):

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i love my frontloader - have you googled to see if its an issue with the brand- i did alot of reseacrh on cosnumer reports before i got mine . sounds like whatever is pumping the water out isnt working very well .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a frigidaire and I have had nothing but trouble with it. I have the service plan thankfully. I have had about 15 repairs to it. It clogs like yours. The rubber gasket has been replaced once and it has tears in it now and I have to have it serviced again. It has had a pump installed. You name it, we have had it replaced. I will never buy another front loader again. I only have kept this because I bought a service plan for 5 years. They have definately lost money on this machine.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have a Kenmore and HATE it too. It's big and cumbersome, takes up a ton of room.... we have the mold smelling problem too.

The dryer isn't on my good side either

I hear ya, I'd take my 18 yr old washer and dryer back in a heartbeat.

jas
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the heads up on front loaders. Not that I am in the market for a new washer yet. Dh awhile ago said he had heard from people at work that they could be a potential problem and would never get one. I like the way they look, but I guess when the time comes I will be getting a old fashioned top loader.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm kind of shocked by all of this. I am on my second front-loader (Kenmore) and having nothing but GOOD things to say about it.
    Do you shut the door on it when you empty out the clean clothes? I leave mine open unless it's running.
    My ONLY complaint is that I cannot wash my tennies in it, 'cause the door kicks open with shoes in it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DF has Samsung front loader washer & dryer - so far, no probs.

I think there's another type of washing machine. Sits like a traditional type of washer but is somewhat HE but not front loading. Uses more water then the front loaders but less then the traditional type. Not sure what its called though, nor read any reviews. Maybe something to consider should you need to look for a new washer?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No matter how desperate you are, DO NOT buy the Roper. It is made by Whirlpool but out of cheaper parts. Ours died after 2 1/2 years. We have a Speed Queen top loader and I love it. The agitator makes almost a full turn when it's agitating, so it's gentler on your clothes and cleans better, turning them over better.

I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions on cleaning the front loader -- everyone I ever used at the laundromat smelled like mildew too.

They don't make them like they used to...if you want to buy a top loader I'd go with a Speed Queen. They are still made the "old fashioned way" with metal parts like your 70s washer was, and they are made in America.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry!! I have never had any interest in this type of washer.. I like my old top load, it might not be as energy officiant, but I can cut somewhere else..

I like all of my old things, I'm not big on new things, washers, cars, etc. and I never do hype...

Have you contacted the maker of the washer and asked them??

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i searched consumers reports before buying ours -sometimes the brabds with the most ads or loudest marketing isnt always the best .
    I have an LG working on 2 years old- with 7 of us gets alot of use too .
    i love the fact it can take a larger loud- saves water ( i saw this after the first full month we had it ) doesnt rip apart bras and other things with straps.

and because i am under 5 feet no trying to reach the bottom of the washer to get the last few things out !!

now my friend she had alot of problems with hers - but its a diff brand .

i really research any appliance i plan to buy... you can buy an online comsumers report membership and make your money back tenfold in not getting something because of price or looks .

OP is it even ?? it may not be draining correctly if its tilted just the slightest away away from the internal drainage area .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I really hate that you are having problems with it, but glad you posted this! Now I know to never get a front loader... I hear so many people dislike the ones they have! I hope you can find a solution.

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for all the replies. Yes, the door always stays open. I guess I will have to have it serviced and I'm sure that will cost a ton.

IM, I actually like my dryer.

I know LG is a better quality brand, but the cost was too high.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've heard countless people say they have to keep the door open after washing. It seems like a poor design.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast