Kitchen Aid Mixer Yeah or Nay?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Kitchen Aid Mixer Yeah or Nay?

I am debating the purchase of a Kitchen Aid Mixer. Here is the story:
    I did not feel like doing any baking for well over a year. DH offered to get me the Kitchen Aide as a gift but I felt it would be a waste given my lack of interest. My life has changed lately and I find an unexpected urge to bake, try new recipes, etc again.

do those of you who own the mixer find them useful and worth the purchase price? do you think they are too heavy to store in a cupboard and take out when you want to use them? I have limited counter space and hate it to look cluttered so would probably store in the pantry.

I sort of, kind of want one but am not 100% sold.
    Thoughts?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love mine & cried when I received it. Mine stays on the counter and it looks pretty there so I work around it, lol. They are heavy and moving it may be a problem for some.
    We use ours mostly for kneading bread pizza & cookie doughs, whisking mashed potatoes & cream. The attachments we have also let us by cheese in large packages & shred our own. Slice veggies with slicer. It's a nice all around multi tasker and glad I have mine. Wish I had it when my kids were little to help me keep the cookie jar full. Oh well, I may be a Grandma some day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

do those of you who own the mixer find them useful and worth the purchase price?
    Yes. Even just for beating cake mix batter, it's so much easier on my shoulders to let the KA do it. I used to use a hand mixer and was finding it more and more difficult after about age 40. Plus, the standing mixer just makes less mess.

do you think they are too heavy to store in a cupboard and take out when you want to use them?
    Yes, MUCH too heavy to lift and carry on a regular basis, for me anyway. I got one to match my kitchen decor (cardinal red) and it looks great on the counter. Everyone I know who has one keeps it on the counter, FWIW.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am so greatful to have mine. It sits on the counter too. I only have about 8 sq feet of counter space too, so i work around it. It is heavy. I could pull it in and out of the pantry, but I'm afraid the weight on and off of my whimpy shelves would prematurely wear of the flimsy wood. My wire shelves would surely buckle. I use mine almost daily so it would be on the counter top anyhow most of the time. Today I am making a biscuit dough with it to make breakfast for the kiddos.
    Last edited by Missy; 12-03-2010 at 11:29 AM. Reason: errant "o" in a word. Escaped the keyboard and thought it would hide in the word pantry.Caught it. Gave it a stern lecture

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had the 4.5 quart Artisian and just last year bought the 6 quart Professional. I liked them both. They were far FAR better than any of the hand held or stand mixers I had before.

If you are going to get one I would suggest the Professional series. They are more expensive but have much larger motors and have to work no where near as hard as the artisian on thick batters.

I purchased my Professional at the Kitchen Collection as a Refurbished Model on a clearance sale for less than $300.00. I can honestly say it was worth every penny. I consider it one of the best kitchen purchases I have ever made.

If you get one, I wouldn't bother with the pour sheld unless it just comes with it. Make sure to get the Whisk, Paddle and doug hook.

Would also suggest getting a neutral color so that it matches your kitchen if you decide to remodel in the future.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I keep mine on the counter. It's too heavy to lift. I think it's almost 30lbs. I also have the 6qt pro model. I wanted the lift rather than the tilt model. Plus I have a big family to bake/cook for.

I use it for baking and of course the mashed potatoes.

Darlene- do you have a grater attachment? I may have to look into that!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

LOVE MINE!!! You can buy a paddle attachment now that has a built in spatula - best attachment EVER.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love, love, love my kitchen aid. I love whipping up cookies, cake batters, kneading breads and more with it. I cook everything from scratch and it would be a chore without it. Did I say I love my kitchen aid....lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Love my kitchen aid.... I also have the pro series and it is much more powerfull..... I also leave mine out on the counter I made a nice cover for it to keep dust off.... I got mine for a steal of a deal 3 or 4 blackfridays ago at bon ton for $175.00.... best money ever spent...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

my dad got me mine for christmas a few years ago as a surprise. I definitely use it more that anything else in my kitchen. I LOVE it.
    And am thinking about getting my sister one this year...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Kitchenaid

There are four items I will not live without in my kitchen:

Kitchenaid stand mixer
    Kitchenaid food processor
    Excalibur dehydrator
    All American canner.

Buy it, you will NOT regret it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh yeah. If I did not have debt, this would be the #1 thing I would love to have. Being a baker, and a decorator, I can't tell you how many mixers I burn through. This one, is AMAZING.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile

I grew up watching my Grandmother use a KitchenAid mixer and was amazed at all the goodies she always made -

I LOVE mine - I purchased it a couple of years ago - and it has made life so much easier when it comes to baking goodies...I see why my Grandmother used hers for everything.

If you can afford it - get it - it is the greatest thing ever!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm jealous of you kitchenaide mixerowners, I still have a hand mixer but it's a powerful one!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile

I debated and debated just like you are now mamaw! My husband bought me one last year before Christmas, I left it sitting in the sealed box in my kitchen. After three days, I felt so guilty about the purchase price, I returned it. This year, we found it on sale, even better than last year, I bought it and have absolutely no regrets this time around!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast