Keurig Coffee Maker pricing
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Keurig Coffee Maker pricing

I noticed an interest in these machines here at FV. So since others might be interested in getting themselves one I thought maybe posting where you got yours, what model, what you paid for it might help others find deals on them too. If you remember when you paid for yours it might help others as well. Any other info would probably be helpful too. So fellow FV'ers that want to find one can do so with leads on the best prices possible.

I have an Elite B40 Keurig, paid 87.50 at Lowe's 12/27/2010 (Colorado Springs Co...don't know if the deal was national or not, although I ordered it online and picked up...they pulled it from local instock merchandise, no coupon.)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think it fine for a person who doesn't drink a lot of coffee. I thought about getting one and my husband and I did the math on what those little cups of coffee would cost us monthly

I also have to add that in this day and age when we care more about the environment then ever why are still producing more disposable crap then ever?
    Please don't take offense, I'm not downing anyone for having one. These are just the question I asked myself when considering purchasing one. And I wonder if anybody who has one has notice an increase in spending on coffee?
    I also think I heard that you can get a refillable cup for those, is that true and does anybody have one?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes, you can get a refillable cup for it, and you can load those with any coffee (or tea!!! talk about yum!) you like. But instead of making a whole pot of it you make just what you need.

I understand the environmental impact of the packaging, but I look at it this way. Hubby makes a pot and drinks say, half. The other half is wasted. How much energy and pollution went into the harvest/manufacture/transportation/packaging that accounted for the delivery to the store that I drove to, bought, packed into bags and drove home with too...that ultimately got dumped down the drain to be added to the treatment facility ? I think int the end that wasted coffee pretty much evens out with the little disposeable cups with no wasted coffee. Multiply each envoronmental impact over a week per person in a household...then over how many households this happens in...I might be looking at it wrong.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have and use the refillable insert and it works marvelously, and I use whatever coffee is on sale (adding whip cream and freshly grated nutmeg on top. . . tastes WAY better than Starbucks even for just pennies a cup!). It's a wonderful coffee maker for those of us like me that only drink one cup a workday on my way out the door in the morning. No more wasting an entire pot of coffee or worrying about "Did I leave that on?" It's also great for making decaf on demand for guests. The only time I use the ready-made cups is when I get them as a gift, and I ask for that often since they are quite affordable (especially with a coupon) and come in fun, seasonal flavors. If one is a habitual coffee drinker, she or he may not be satisfied with this unit. I got mine as a gift too or probably won't have purchased it or known how perfect it really is for me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

In response to AnnK, I understand how you feel about throwing those little cups away. That is the reason I asked for the additional MY K Cup refillable coffee filter that allows you to use regular coffee....like Folgers, etc. You fill it yourself just like you would your coffee filter in your regular coffee pot. The only difference is that is made especially to fit in the Keurig. I do not plan on purchasing all those little cups because of the price....especially when I can use a filter and use the cheaper brands.

Ok, now on to Missy's question. I have the Keurig Elite B40 --- just like Missy. I received it as a Christmas present and DH purchased it at Target. I think he paid 114 for it. I am jealous of Missy's deal!! LOL!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I bought a mini Keurig at Wal-mart for $89.95. Later that day I got a Kroger ad that had the Keurig B40 on sale for $89.99. The next day I went back to Wal-mart and got my money back and went to Kroger and got the bigger one. I got it for my daughter for Christmas . She had mentioned wanting one. We tried it out and the coffee was delicious. Now I think I will get me one. The only thing is I can't find any that size under $109. I also got her the filter and we tried it out and it worked great.