Furniture designs
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Furniture designs

Hello everybody
    I am going to purchase furniture items just as beds,chairs and dining tables.But i am worried about to select its designs due to lot of collections.
    can you help me to select one of the best furniture items design such as in dining table?
    Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I think what is "best" depends on your personal style.

For a dining table, you could go with something with simple lines and change with table linen and even chair covers to "fancy" them up for special occasions.

You could also go with traditional, clawed feet. Again, depends on what your personal style is.

If I had to refurnish my entire house... I would pick items that I knew would LAST and perform it's duties. To me, the BEST is the one I don't have to replace every 6 months.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

depends. do you have children or pets that will trash the furniture?

i would take some time and figure what makes you go "ooooh".

do you like traditional? shaker? country? country french? mission style? modern? roccoco?

look here and see what makes you go oooh and report back. don't buy anything just look.
    ethanallen.com - decorating ideas | modern, traditional, casual furniture | free interior design

cut and paste the pictures like this Attachment 17217

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You should look on the internet or magazines to get ideas of what you like. This will help you decide.

If you are just starting out you might want to consider classic styles instead of what is in vogue for the day. It took me fifteen years to furnish my place. I did think long and hard about the type of furniture I wanted. Decided on furniture that would last a life time. The place is somewhat eclectic. Many of the items came from yardsales and second hand stores. But I love the fact that the furniture is real solid wood and will last the rest of my life.

Once you decide on what you want try to purchase what you need first then building from there especially if you are just starting out. Don't be afraid to wait until you find something you absolutely love and is a good fit and buy for you. Take your time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shoiji View Post
    You should look on the internet or magazines to get ideas of what you like. This will help you decide.

If you are just starting out you might want to consider classic styles instead of what is in vogue for the day. It took me fifteen years to furnish my place. I did think long and hard about the type of furniture I wanted. Decided on furniture that would last a life time. The place is somewhat eclectic. Many of the items came from yardsales and second hand stores. But I love the fact that the furniture is real solid wood and will last the rest of my life.

Once you decide on what you want try to purchase what you need first then building from there especially if you are just starting out. Don't be afraid to wait until you find something you absolutely love and is a good fit and buy for you. Take your time.
    : i could have written this. figure out your style then start looking in charity shops, local ebay, side of the road finds, yardsales.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I would also suggest buying anchor pieces like bed and sofa new. they set the tone for the room.

also style of home, wall, paint, and mouldings set the tone for the decor. my home is traditional georgian colonial. my BFF's home is 1970s ranch "avocado green" style (think brady bunch). her furniture would not go in my home and vice versa.