Dishwasher prices and brands
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Dishwasher prices and brands

I need a dishwasher. It is not just a want anymore. I am strapped for time and constantly running here and there and dishes just aren't a priority. It is awful having dishes in the sink for a couple of days at a time.

So I need to know about how much money it should cost to have a piece under my sink taken out to have a dishwasher installed?

Also, what is a good reasonably priced dishwasher? I want to keep it as low price as possible but it needs to get the job done. I had a dishwasher with my ex dh and it didn't work at all!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cat if you find a reasonable carpenter, you should be able to get a cut out done in your cabinet for around 300 dollars or less. Bear in mind that if there is plumbing or wiring there, it will cost you more if it has to be relocated. Try to locate the dishwasher as close to the kitchen sink as possible to minimize the necessary plumbing to the dishwasher, because it uses the same supply and draing that your sink uses. You will need a dedicated 120V circuit for the dishwasher as well.
    So not knowing where your main power panel is located, I cant tell you what the circuit woud cost, but 200 dollars should cover it at worst case!
    Westinghouse dishwashers are good units and the cheaper the unit, the louder it is during the wash cycle, but in your case, the noise would probably be welcome eh!

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mr Fixit..Aren't most cabinets a standard width? Same width as a dishwasher?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Mr Fixit..Aren't most cabinets a standard width? Same width as a dishwasher?
    Yes, most are, but no always. If they are standard prefabricated cabinets that are less than 20 or 30 years old, then they would most likely be sized to where pulling out 1 section would allow room for the dishwasher. You may need to do some trimwork to close the opening to the dishwasher so it will look asthetic. Some cabinet sections are a bear to get out and may have to be cut out depending on how they are constructed.
    But most likely, 1 section will allow for a dishwasher, the standard opening for all major brands will be 24 inches.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Another option - A portable dishwasher.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We have a Kenmore we bought at Sears for about $200 ten years ago. It gets the job done.

When I am looking for appliances what I do is go to the websites of places I might buy one, for example Sears or Lowes, and see what they have. Then I take those model numbers and go to Google and look up "Sears Kenmore 123456 review" and see what pops up. You can usually weed out the lemons that way.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Check out appliances outlet. That where I got my dishwasher.