Tell me about your steam mop......
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Tell me about your steam mop......

...because I need one desperately (indoor pets).

What kind do you have? What are its best features? What do you dislike about it? Would you buy another one or would you go with a different kind?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

i hear these are pretty cool... Robot Mops

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i have a shark steam mop, love it, fill it with water pump the handle and I can clean my tile floors in about 20 minutes, that includes changing the pad for each room,
    like: ease of use, plug it in, fill with water and clean
    dislike: i wish the handle was a bit more sturdy- i tend to treat the steam mop like a reg mop when it comes to a stain-kids not swiping up a spill.. so i think pressure over just letting the mop steam (I am learning lol)allowing the steam to soften the spills. I have been know to use washcloths when the pads were drying to spot clean an area. i dont have the rug attachment as i only have one small area rug now. I know they have several brands out mine was given to me so no complaints.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I clean houses and 2 of my clients have them. I have found that neither picks up things like grit or particulates so I tend to vacuum before I steam mop.

The Smart living steam mop is a piece of crap. Smart Living Steam Mop | Ocean Sales
    It does NOT have the design that allows to cleaning head to reach under cabinets and the maneuverability is limited. The on off switch doesn't work and the metal handle gets hot and slides out of the base. This mop is less than 2 years old. I would not recommend it to anyone.

The other client has a Shark. It does a good job, is sturdy and has a design that fully reaches under the cabinets to the kick plate. The only draw backs I've seen are: I still need to do the vinyl floor by hand periodically because it is textured and dirt builds up in the crevices and when they ordered new cleaning pads they were NOT available so the husband just bought a whole new mop head with new pads.

I would recommend the Shark and order a few extra cleaning pads to keep on hand. (I can easily use 2-3 of them one for each room).

Hope this helps.