Freezer Getting Low?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Freezer Getting Low?

In the Fall, when we've harvested the garden, our freezer is filled to the top with vegetables and baked goods.

Now, after the Winter, the freezer is starting to get low.

Since it takes more energy to run a freezer with a lot of empty air space than it does to run a full one, I save empty screw-top gallon milk containers, wash them out and fill them with water to put in the freezer. These plastic milk containers freeze into big ice blocks to take up the empty air space and keep the freezer temperature cold so we don't use that much energy running it.

I also have plastic storage baskets that I bought at Dollar Tree to keep some of the smaller freezer bagged vegetables organized. The baskets are stackable when empty so they don't clutter up the freezer. They work out really well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Those are great ideas! We have several freezers and we don't worry too much about the cost of running them as we have solar panels.

The freezers are usually full, so I always try to see what's in there and what needs to get used. The sad part was that for a year, I switched from eating mostly chicken to eating beef. My cholesterol and its components went high and after a month of eating chicken, it's mostly in the normal range. With the beef in the freezer, I have to slowly use it or make dinners with it but not eat it.

I don't stockpile much of other items (canned, boxes, etc.) but it does help when we're in a financial slump. At least the protein part of the meals are there. We will be heading into another slump soon and I need to take inventory on what I have and meal plan for it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ours is upright so easier to organize though not when family puts things away lol. bad at going though and using things up sometimes. think something hasn't been in there long but nope a extra 6 mths or year

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am trying to get my freezer under control….had to cook for small meeting tonite so used two bags of chicken, one large container of chicken spaghetti, 2 bags of beans, and a cake. Got to get it down where I can clean it out....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We do this when our freezer gets low.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

On the English Internet space there are many reviews of various techniques. Having studied them, you can easily identify the entire list of the best lawn mowers. The opinions of users of these tools will help to reveal their potential in the initial stages of selection. After all, they are not imposed on anyone. You can also read about rear engine riding mower here.
    After analyzing the information of forums and online stores, we found out who are the leaders in sales of lawn mowers for 2018-2019. Our arguments are not only based on reviews. We carried out a set of measures and studied the issue from all sides to identify which lawn mower is considered the best.