Washer/dryer recommendations?
    Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob AmyMCGS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Question Washer/dryer recommendations?

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a washer and dryer for the new house.  That's the next thing on my list to go shop for, since we now know when we can tell the store to deliver them.  The washer and dryer we have now came with this house and are old- not worth the trouble of moving to my new second-floor laundry room! 

I will most likely purchase both of them at Lowe's or Sears, as those are the best stores price-wise in this area.  

My MIL has had a lot of complaints about her Kenmore washer, from the noise of it to the loads being distributed unevenly and leaving clothes wet.  I think I'll steer clear of that brand just to be safe. I'll check epinions.com, too, before I buy, but any other tips/comments would be appreciated!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Amy, I have an Asko washing machine and it's the best washer I've ever had. It's made in Sweden and it's a front loader. It is a five star rated washer so it uses less power and it uses MUCH less water, so although it will be more expensive, it will save on your electricity and water bills.

If you don't get this brand, my advice is to get a five star rated machine and buy the best one you can afford. The quality does pay off and you'll have the washer for at least 10 years, probably 20.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'd love to have an Asko or Maytag Neptune. Currently I have a nice, fairly new set of Whirlpool. They are good quality and do the job for us and have been trouble free so far.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob Dixie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would steer clear of Kenmore,too. I have had bad experiences with all their appliances lately.
    We have a GE washer and I'm pleased so far with it's performance. We still have a Kenmore dryer, when it bites the dust, we'll probably get a GE dryer,too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

we have a whirlpool. They're alright. I have really abused them now for 5 years. and they keep plugging along. Next time though we will get a front loader/no agitator variety.

LOL< there's a commercial with a woman stuffing 20+ towels in her washer...lol that could easily be a hidden camera in my washing room, lol. I really should treat my washer & dryer better.

Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob AmyMCGS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for the input. Trying to research this online isn't fun, but, it's more fun than trying to comparison shop with DD!

I'm leaning towards a Maytag, but still researching...
    I'd like to get a top-of-the-line model, but that's definitely not in the budget right now, so I'm trying to find the best one in my price range.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would really love a Maytag Neptune. When I move out of this condo into my first home I will definitely buy a front loading washer. I've just seen so many people talking about how it is easier on your clothes and saves so much on water. I think Whirlpool is a really good name too. Good luck on finding one.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well, once again, call me the voice of dissention! We got our Kenmore washer and dryer from my parents as a wedding gift 6 years ago (today, as a matter of fact!) and they are fabulous! My father-in-law just bought a new washer and dryer after 25 years. His old brand that actually still worked, but it was time for a change...Kenmore.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm a fan of the Kenmore brand, too. Both my washer and dryer, as well as most of my appliances, are Kenmore. By the way, if you buy from Sears, they often do deals where they have mail in rebates for free delivery on appliances. I don't think I've ever paid delivery charges for any of my appliance deliveries thanks to Sears.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just found out that I'm getting the Whirlpool Duet set for Christmas. I only found out because I heard dh talking to his mom!