Washing Machine Suggestions?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Question Washing Machine Suggestions?

Yipee!! I have bonus money to get a new washing machine!!

What kind of a washing machine would you purchase?
    Does anyone have a frontloader? Do you like it, has it had to have any service calls?

Now to decide which model???????

I have been using this as a reference: http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?..._products_html

I have checked on what is available in my area: Whirlpool Duet Sport, Staber, Maytag MAH2400, Fisher&Paykel EcoSmart

Does anyone have any of these models????

There are only 2 in my family and I want a water/energy efficient model. I am also concerned with the $ of Service if needed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have whirlpool duet frontloaders and I love love love them!

They use less water, soap, and electricity and if you are drying clothes and they get done the dryer automaticly stops!

So cool!

Cricket

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lucky Duck getting a new washer and dryer! Mine are both older then DIRT! We have been looking at the new frontloaders as that's what we intend to get when ours FINALLY die. The man at the store suggested we buy a Maytag (no offence Cricketlegs). I didn't ask too many questions as to why he suggested that brand (baby was throwing a fit), but he did say they are more reliable with less service calls.
    Good luck with whatever brand you decide on and have fun shopping for them!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Laurie in Bradenton's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Since I do so much charity landry and have killed 3 washers in the last 10 years Dh got me a Maytag Atlantis Model. WOW! What a difference. Have done hundreds of laods of wash over the last year and no problems. Cut back to 1/2 as much soap as I used to use and things are still getting clean.
    I killed 2 G.E.'s and a Whirlpool. Usually it was something like the transmission or seals. The Whirlpool blew out 2 transmissions on the first year so it was covered under warranty. Standard warrranty not extended. Then it broke a funky palstic piece that held the tub level. Service man said those famous words<" That's not suppose to break they don't make a replacement part for that. " DH blew a gasket on the guy and we ended up taking machine to the place we bnought it and trading it over for the Maytag. The owner of the appliance place is a big wheel in our town and didn't want the bad press.

Laurie in Bradenton

Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob AmyMCGS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love my Fisher-Paykel Ecosmart. The clothes spin so well they come out practically dry, which then makes my drying time much less. There's an automatic water level sensor, and a timer, which I love-- I often put in a load and detergent and set it before I go to bed so that it runs just before I get up in the morning. I just have to pop the clothes in the dryer when I get up- no more loads left sitting and getting that funky smell.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DH bought a Maytag washer and dryer 30 years ago. We just got a new set last year. The salesman told us Maytag has been bought out by another company and some of the new models will not have the same quality as before. BTW the old ones still work fine. I need to Freecyle them and get them out of the storage shed!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I bought a new Maytag set about 3 years ago...replacing my 17 year old Kitchaide, which I LOVED!!! I have the Atlantis...and I like it. With just Dh and I, I couldn't justify the $$$ for front a loader. If I still had kids at home, I would have saved up for a set though...As it is, I only do about 4 loads a week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I purchased a Bosch 3200 FL six weeks ago and really like it. Previously had a Maytag TL for 22 years, no service calls! The Bosch spins better and gets my clothes cleaner than the old TL. This may be the washer or the fact that it has an internal heater that actually gives me warm or hot water (hot water heater set at 120) instead of the mix of my old machine. I am very happy, but cannot attest to the longevity. I love the low water usage compared to my old TL and the fact that it is made in NC even though it is a German company. Many machines are made overseas now. I do 10-12 loads a week. Good luck!