What brand of washer/ dryer...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default What brand of washer/ dryer...

do you have? We have Whirlpools, I would say their midrange priced set. & yrs ago dh and I had bought a brand new maytag set and they both broke 4 times in 5 yrs. So I will never by Maytag again. I have had good luck with Whirlpool

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have Whirlpools. I can't say for sure how old they are, but I would guess atleast 15 years old. They were here when we bought the house almost 5 years ago. The washer broke yesterday, we repaired it. This was our most costly repair to do thus far. The part cost $23.50 and we installed it ourselves. I will continue to use this set literally until we can no longer fix them. They are old, but they work well for us.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My last was a Whirlpool. I had it for about 6 years. I feel that it never really spun out well and I was never really happy with it. I recently bought a Frigidaire king sized front loader for 599.00 and I bought the warranty for 149.00 for five years. I read mixed reviews but I really wanted a front loader and couldn't afford anymore than that. I thought with the amount of laundry I do and spending more than I wanted to spend that it would be worth getting the warranty. I can have it cleaned and serviced every year and I am going to plan on doing that so that it lasts me.
    So far I have seen a difference in my electric bill and I definately do half the loads that I did before. I bought it at Bestbuy and no interest for 18 months with free delivery and pick up of my old washer. I love it. I use less detergent and softener too. Great for me all the way around.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My last washing machine was a Hoover, and it lasted 11 years. We just bought a new one last winter. It is an Indesit (don't know if they have this brand in North America) front loader. It was one of the cheapest in the shop and it has a 30 quick wash low energy cycle which I love! It has a spin speed of 1600rpm so the clothes come out almost dry.

I don't own a dryer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have Speed Queen. I bought them new at least 10 years ago and so far only needed 1 repair that I can remember.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We have a 12 year old set of Roper machines - washer & dryer - we bought them on base the summer of 1995 ! ((I remember this because I was very pregnant & dh wouldn't let me help him move them into our apartment)

Still alive & kicking -- I just can't bare to replace them when they still get the job done -- but this doesn't stop me from drooling at the ads in the weekly papers

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have Kenmores (Sears)...had both for 10 years and still running strong!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Definitely Whirlpool all the way. My washers/dryers get alot of use here.

My 13 year old Whirlpool washer died last year. Replaced it with a super capacity Whirlpool....love it.

My now 14 year old Whirlpool dryer has needed 1 repair, a thermostat. Still going strong. I highly recommend this brand.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have a GE washer and a Frigidaire dryer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have Whirlpools. They are the Duets (front loaders). I love them!!

The washer is about 5 years old. We have had to replace the water pump in it already, but that could be because we are on well water and the minerals could have clogged it up. I also do about two loads a day for our regular clothes and then there are the sheets and blankets and such to wash every other week or so.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have a Frigidaire Front loader. I got it in Sept. of 2005 when we did our Kitchen remodel. I got the matching set got it from the scratch and dent area. We got 24months no interest and a five year warranty for $79. We have 1 payment left.

Our water bill went down by $10 a month.
    I love that it has a quick cycle witch I use only takes 32 minuted for a load. I use this for everything except the Whites and my bedding.
    The dryer has a sensor on it and It senses when the clothes are dry. Usually only a couple of minutes difference that the washer. Takes my no time to do laundry. Did 5 loads to day in about 3.5 hours from start to finish.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a GE Profile Harmony washer and dryer. We decided to go high end this time around because dh doesn't want to have to buy any more appliance for a while! They are the ones that are computerized--the washer talks to the dryer when it is done washing. They are amazing! There is no agitator in the washer, and that means more room for clothes!

http://www.geappliances.com/products...mony/overview/

They were quite price when priced separately (something like $1800 for the pair) but since we bought a new fridge (Amana), large chest freezer (Fridgidaire), and the washer and dryer, we paid $2900 for the 4 and that included tax (and free delivery). The only downside was is that we got the floor models, but it saved us big money.

I can wash my king-sized comforter in the washer (4.5 cu ft, I think) and the dryer is 7.5 cu ft), so that saves me from having to shell out money in hauling it to the dry cleaners to be cleaned. I get a lot of clothes in both which means less water used and less electricity.

I should mention that we just moved into this house 4.5 months ago, so we needed all new appliances, which explains the big expense.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A year ago my brother, in TN, called and said he had a Maytage "Atlantis" set I could have. They were less than 2 years old. All I had to do was go get them. I like them, except I am not used to electric dryers. I am waiting to see how it affects my electric bill. I should mention that we just hooked them up 2 weeks ago. I was waiting to get my laundry room operational before using this matched set.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We recently needed to replace our washer, dryer, fridge and stove. It was time. All of the appliances were at least 10yrs old and having problems. We just didn't want to have to do it all at one time, oh well. We got Whirlpool Washer and Dryer and bought GE stove, fridge and oven. So far I am very happy with them. I got them at one of those scratch a dent places so it didn't cost us as much and they also qualified for my daughters Upromise College Account.
    When we got our first water & electric bill, we wound up saving quite a bit off our normal bill.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~I have large-capacity Maytag Performa's. We purchased the washer first at a discount appliance center when we bought this house (Nov '00) and saved up to get the matching dryer in March '01. I think it was $600 for both. Wish I knew then what I know now about air drying clothes and exactly how much energy a front-loading washer saves. Could've saved big $$$$. No problems so far though after 6 years of daily use.~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast