What brand of appliance would you never-ever buy again?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default What brand of appliance would you never-ever buy again?

I'm holding a grudge with Whirlpool b/c of an oven that I bought that had to have a $100 part replaced once a year for 13 years starting 6 months after I bought it. I've bought all sorts of other appliances for my kitchen trying to get ones that fit and match (well relatively speaking) without buying Whirlpool. What's your never again?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Funny, my washer that just had to be repaired is a Whirlpool.

Mine would be not a brand but a certain kind ...a flat top stove. NEVER again. Such a pain to keep clean and be careful not to scratch or break. They are $$$$ to replace the 'glass top'.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default freezer from sears

i bought a frigidaire freezer about 7 years ago. it failed me 5 times . luckily i did buy a extended warranty. HOWEVER. every repair failed compressor , was covered by orginal warranty. They always promply came to fix it, of course to late. the floor was 3 inches of dead meat and other disqusting things. they also always paid me somewhat for the food. ON the 5th failure, they allowed me to go to sears and buy a new freezer. I picked one that cost 100 dollars more i had to pay the extra 100, and it has served me well for last few years. Sears is where i bought both. the repair man shaked his head when he seen my freezer. Seems it was just a bad year for that particular model number. He said frigidaire was a excellent brand, just that one particular model the messed up. he gave me the name of who actually makes them and other brands same place made but i dont remember. new one was probadly same company it was made for sears brand.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

G.E.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

General Electric - I just had the memory board replaced on the refrigerator ($300.00) that I've only had since May, 2006. I had purchased the extended warranty, but canceled the extended warranty after the 1st 6 months. I also do not buy Sharp products.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Magic Chef--piece o' s--- appliances (IMHO).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Maytag Neptune Washer. I bought it because my mother had a maytag for 30 years. My transmission blew on year one. They replaced it twice under warranty, the third time (year 4) I just junked it, took my loss and bought a middle of the road machine.
    I love the dryer but the washer was a nightmare. Lemon for sure and nothing I could do about it. I tried.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Kenmore. junk junk junk...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've had good fortune with the Kenmore brand appliances and problems with any other brand I bought.

Registered User jenloveschip2001's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My GE Amana dishwasher. It still works but we have had to fix it twice. It was just little things that my husband could fix we didn't have to buy any parts. It is only like 2 1/2 yrs old. I think we paid over $500 for it and it is the loudest dishwasher I have ever heard.
    Wife to Chip
    Mother to 4 great kids

Registered User Droppedonmyhead's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hoover. . . .never had a Hoover vacuum that didn't tear up within a year of use.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Maytag... I had an old model Maytag washer that lasted for yrs. 8 yrs ago we needed a new washer and dryer. Bought Maytag. Found out they were not Maytag but Magic Chef under the Maytag name. Both of them died 5 times in 5 yrs. The last time they both died I got rid of them

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Anything from Sears. So I guess that is Kenmore.

In September 2005 we bought a brand new Refridgerator and within 2 days it quit working. I called for service and they said it wold 7 - 10 days before they could come out and look at it.

We told them to come and get it and take it back, but they wanted to charge us for that. We ended up taking it back and bought a better fridge for a little more money at a local shop.