Free Gas Discounts At Almost Any Station

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lightbulb Free Gas Discounts At Almost Any Station

I was surprised how many of my friends haven't heard about these! I guess to each their own, but I think they're great. Does anyone have these gas cards that give a free 5% or 10% rebate on your gas? I've had one since I want to say last June or July and I LOVE it! When I'm at the pump I actually recalculate the price in my head... $4.00 a gallon? No, that's $3.60 for me

I just assumed everyone knew about them. Then I was reading reviews online to find a credit card for my daughter (she's 19 - to have at school) and they had a big writeup about the the gas discount cards and what ones they thought were the best on their homepage http://www.creditcardforum.com What I really like is you can use it at any station. So I use it at the cheapest station I know of AND I get the rebate. I know it's no fix to these ridiculous prices but anything to help for free ya know? I just make sure to pay the balance every month. That way there's no finance charges. Plus there's no annual fee so that makes it free for me to use the card. It's like free money

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hey!!! thanks for this info!

I wonder how long the companies will do this? I mean at 5% or 10%.

10% of $4 is a lot more than... 10% of $2 when they first started. Just a thought bubble.

Thank you!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank you for posting that.

I have a DD in college and a DS going this coming fall. We need all the gas discounts we can get.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

never heard of this,thank`s for posting.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey no problem

Well what I read was the reason the credit card company can afford this is because the transaction fees the merchant pays cover part of it and most people use the cards for more than just gas. On all those other purchases since they don't give 5% or 10% cashback, it all balances out and the credit card company still makes their moolah. But of course we're allowed to use the cards just for buying gas

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh yeah and I use that card that gives the 5% rebate on cell phone bill and office supplies. I buy a lot from staples especially with my kids so that place qualifies for the 5% off and then I have our cell phone bills automatically paid with the card so 5% off on that. Small amounts but between the two rebate cards I save a nice amount each month on all these things total. Usually $50 to $60.