So much for that extra paycheck last month
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default So much for that extra paycheck last month

I just had my tires checked maybe 3 months ago or so. They said the tires looked fine. Well, my car has been wobbly for a couple weeks now, but with the brakes being bad I didn't know what it was. Got the brakes fixed by ex-dh, still wobbly. I had ex-dh drive it today. He turned the wheel and the tire is very worn down the center. Thank God for ex-dh and his knowledge of cars. I thought the tire looked funny on the side but didn't turn the wheel to look at it. I guess it is a good thing I got that extra paycheck last month. So much for saving it, but at least I have that money!! I will also have to cut into my ef since I had to get clothes for the kids and brakes done with my check. It always seems that these things happen right when I get money. It is a pain and a blessing at the same time! Wanted to add, he did the rear brakes and it is the front tires that I need to replace.
    Last edited by leighcat; 08-10-2010 at 09:29 PM. Reason: wanted to clarify

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If you have a wobbly on front....get someone to check your wheel bearings. When was the last time, you had the vehicle aligned ?
    I had to pay a garage to do. a wheel bearing on the front of my truck last year. Bad enough I have to keep an eye on the front brakes and the roters. Looks like I am due again sometime soon. Last time I let the hubby do them and he accidently moved or bumped a brake sensor and I still had to take the truck to a shop downtown and it was an hour labor My hubby is clever and can do a lot of things, but brakes are not high on his list of DIYs. On my list tomorrow is to check out, the price of brake parts.

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yep, thinking positive...you had the money.

We are getting ready to spend 200 on our car the end of this month. Very glad we are good friends with our side mechanic. Could have cost us close to a grand.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I ended up needing 2 new tires. They both had metal threads sticking out in the front. I am going to need tierod ends (spelling?). I got the new ones put on the back and the back ones rotated to the front. Next time I have extra money I will replace the other 2 tires. They said they have about 10000 miles left on them. It rides smooth again now, yippee!! I guess I can't complain because I haven't had anything major go wrong with the car in the nearly 2 years I have had it. (knock on wood) God works in mysterious ways. Usually when something is needed it is perfect timing that I have a little extra money!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Glad to hear your car is fixed

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If it was me, the new ones would be on the front (they WILL be again after the tie rod ends are installed????)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by lparker View Post
    If it was me, the new ones would be on the front (they WILL be again after the tie rod ends are installed????)
    That is how it should have been done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sounds like us. Our extra check will be in October and we had planned to put every bit of it on credit card debt. Well I noticed a wobble on my car last week and told DH. Sure enough it needs new tires. We knew it was probably going to need them but darn it now it's definate. At least we will still have a huge chunk for paying down debt. You are so right about God working in mysterious ways. I tell DH all the time, every time we really need money for something, God provides it. The funny thing is, it is always just enough to cover whatever expenses we need it for. Glad you got the tires before winter.

Cat