How long have your cars lasted??? - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When I was younger I had a 95 Eagle Talon, that had 205k on the odometer when I sold it. Last I heard the people wrecked it, but it made it to 250k (those cars are supposedly only good until 120k.).

On the other hand, my father has an old Chevy truck (late 80's I think) with over 500k on it. He's a mechanic so does all the repairs himself at no cost.

My current Toyota has 116k on it, with about 2 years left of payments. I'm going to keep driving this car for a very very long time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

1938 Packard - 36 years old when I bought it; I kept it 25 years.
    1977 VW Rabbit - 12 years
    1989 Honda Civic - 19 years

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Love my Chevy! Almost 10 years and still hawt
    My van is 4 years old

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have a Dodge 2001 Caravan with 199K on it that I drive. Dh just go a used car when he started his new job about 2 mths a 2001 intrigue paid cash for it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My Chevy Blazer is a 1997, bought it brand new, it now has 189,000 miles on it and I'll keep it til the tires fall off. BTW/ just got 2 new tires 2 weeks ago $300.00.
    DH drives a 2005 Chevy Silverado Pick-up 84,000. Bought it new also.
    Financially nothing new in the near future for us. We don't want to do the car payment thing ever again. Only used from now on, that we can manage with cash.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have all older Mercedes. Many combined miles but truly loved cars. Knock on wood and blessing be to G-d on high they all work great. With that said we have had to learn to work on them ourselves. Over the years I have learned to research , find parts for great prices and we have learned to change bearings, MAF sensors, cranks shaft position sensors, brakes, alignments etc. and saved tons.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am driving a 2000 Subaru Forester - still under 100.000 miles. DH has a 2005 Ford Freestyle - mileage pushing 100,000 miles.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

1993 Oldsmobile.....bought outright for 800.00 and have had it for eight years and has pushing 185,000 miles. Runs good and will hopefully have it for a few more years.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2003 VW Golf, bought new and now has about 217k on it. My daily commute is 150 round trip, but it runs great. We follow the service book and have a great independent mechanic who keeps her running great! We also change the oil every 3k miles which I think helps keep it running great.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

At this time I drive a 96 Geo Prism with 126,000 or so on it, my hubby drives a 2001 Chevy truck with 150,000 plus on it, and my daughter drives a 92 Subaru with about 100,000 on it. Like someone else said I don't want to jink it but very little has went wrong engine wise with any of them. Now my son wrecked both my husband's truck and the car I drive (which was my mothers at the time) but that is another story all together.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a 2008 Subaru Tribeca.

DH has a 2008 Mazda 5.

Both are paid off.

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had a Volvo that was about 30 years old. Great car! Does not owe me anything. I miss that car.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am driving a 1994 Geo Prizm that was brand new when I got it with 18 miles on it. It now has roughly 300,000 miles on it. At 250,000 miles we replaced the motor with a junk motor (cam shaft wore too bad), and it is still going. Only 2 of the 4 doors work right, and the radio doesn't work, (I carry a portable radio in the car), but it still goes and goes, and goes..... It looks like crap, but is still hanging in there. I will probably drive it until I can't anymore.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Talking

2001 Toyota Prius just ticked over 115,000 miles. No one can believe it's almost 11 years old (well maintained except for the dog slobber on the windows )

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

my toyota minivan i had i kept for i think 9 years but i was a sahm except 1 weekend a month for 2 of those years i think it had just 50,000 on it'i traded it in in 2009 on a honda crv with 4wd for work reasons needed something good in snow as i was working PT in home care .

my husbands company gives him a transportation stipend to lease a car - they like them to have a new one every 3 years - of course we pay the insurance and the taxes on the stipend so we dont lease- we buy - last one we paid off early and gave to my oldest son to use when he grad college-so basically his work paid for the first 3 years of the loan lol

i just recently ( hiding from greebo ) traded the CRV in for a new 2011 crv - i had 3 more years to pay on the 09 ( got it dec 08 - 6 year loan - gasp) and i just wasnt 100% happy with it loved the car - hated the model i had - i really wanted one thing - privacy windows in back to hide my work supplies in the back - i worry someone will see a nurse and supplies and think i have syringes or drugs and break into it since they could easily see in it and so it didnt heat the car up so much for carpooling kids day trips no one can stare in etc etc that drives me batty for some reason .

they had a special for crv owners this weekend
    i got one of those goofy letters claiming you could trade in and possibly leave with a new one with no money down etc ( " possibly ")
    i figured i go look around and get a 15$ target GC for christmas shopping if nothing else

so i went took my letter - got a free 15$ target GC for showing up - my # didnt match the winning # for 5000 towards a down payment ( never knew anyone who did get a key to the winning car -or win the $$ at a dealership i told them i thought they all picked a name out of the obituary the month before to mail the winning # to - they looked at me like i was nutty )

told then what i was looking to do - upgrade to new with higher end model no payment changes no money down - went back and forth 2x

i did end up putting nothing down -getting the same payment - lower interest rate loan because my credit rating was 779 ( 1.90 interest ) ( i was at 7% ) and its my fav color ( a plus ) with the privacy windows ( okay and a 6 cd player which the kids think is cool i dont even know if i have 6 cds i listen too regularly lol)

not in denial - i did add 2 more years back onto payments - but at least i am paying for something i will want to still have 10+ years down the road . but i plan to pay extra and try to have it paid off in 3 years .

so in 10 years i hope to say i still have my 2011 crv lol .

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast