does anyone here own a mo-ped?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default does anyone here own a mo-ped?

or are they called somehting else now? Vespa? Scooter?

I am interested in finding out more about them. Any good sites? did your area require a liscence to operate one?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had one in college - actually a honda Scooter. Please don't consider a scooter/moped. I loved mine and I was a very careful driver but people try to run you off the road or out run you by turning in front of you. I was hit three times and mine was very visible - lipstick mauve , good size (seated two -three in a pinch), and was fast -it did 65. If I used it on the bike paths I got tickets and If I used it on the street people tried to kill me. On the flip side it was a blast - I carried everything on it - even a six foot Christmas tree!! and it only cost me $4.00 a week to run. You do need a motorcycle license and a helmet!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Love it! Dh and I are thinking of something a little smaller than the one in the pic. But I don't know what they are called. very similar in style and looks, but smaller in body. LOL of course I don't know that i would actually have the guts to ride one...

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh they are a hoot - the one you are thinking of might be a spree - and for little quickie runs to the grocery store or what have you it would be ok. The Springs is so busy and trafficky - I would be scared to death for you ! You realize how little they are when you get out on the road next to a proper car - and jerks like to play chicken and run you off the road - I have kicked a few vehicles and slashed a few tires in my day -

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My problem is that i am a horrible driver...even with in my small radius that i am allowed...so i wondered out loud in front of dh as to wether or not that would be better option for us. and he got excited and told me to look into it. pretty much all i'd be doing is going to and from the grocery store, the 7-11, and church. I live in a very residential neighborhood right near a school, so we don't have but traffic to that. But the traffic to and from walmart might be a different story. I am not sure how he expects me to get very many groceries home with it...unless he rigs a wagon to hitch up to it, lol. And exactly what would I do with 2 (soon to be 3) kids??

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DS had one this summer but he said people tried to run him off the road so he sold it